• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please dont REMOVE the OBAMA sticker

#13864 3 years, 5 months ago
I'm offended that Chimenti has a Steal Your Face sticker on his B3. That's a band I will never see.
TAKE OFF THE STICKER YA HIPPIE!
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

#13876 3 years, 5 months ago
who cares about Obama...he was born in Kenya afterall....Trump in 2012!!!
now aint that a scary thought?
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Chris1126.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13882 3 years, 5 months ago
If we keep voting for the lesser of two evils we will keep getting evil. There are others on the ballot. If people started voting for them instead of the LOTE there WOULD be change.
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

#13884 3 years, 5 months ago
I agree, Obama could be doing better....
But he beats a McCain term, I'm sure.
Phil can express his damn opinion if he wants.
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#13887 3 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
GrayFolded wrote:

This was my first thought when i read this thread...

Hilarious. I love it.

x2.

))
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#13890 3 years, 5 months ago
onthebusin03 wrote:
More demands... awesome.

Hey Phil, do what you want. It's up to us to adapt to you, not the other way around.

It's not a demand just a suggestion Jr.

Being ((on the bus )) in 03 maybe you are not familiar with the Grateful Deads long standing tradition of not taking

a PUBLIC POLITICAL stance. And being that the band was founded during the most turbulent time in American history

since the civil war it was something I always admired. They took the position of being just MERE MINSTRELS and not

a mouth piece for anyone but themselves.

The first really political song they ever wrote and performed was in 82 or 83??? Throwing Stones.

But today as I wrote a 5 figured check to the U.S. Treasury and paid 4.15 at the pump I had a moment of clarity

about OH BUMMER. I never bought into the OBAMA HYPE pre election and yes he was the lesser of 2 evils but the

hope and change mantra has really worn thin.

Friday the Oh Bummer backed Justice Department (Eric Holder) basically confiscated $1500 of mine that I had entrusted to

Full Tilt Poker. Looking at all of the worlds ills OH BUMMER + COMPANY took the high road and really took a stance

against all online poker players!! I feel safe now!

So if you don't mind being treated like a kid by a nanny, (the Federal govt) than good for you!!!

If you appreciate your civil rights eroding away like being able to play a little poker in the comfort of your own home then everything in your world must be all UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Have another sip of the KOOL AID, it's GRAPE!!
cut his buddy down
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13892 3 years, 5 months ago
Noticed the Republicans trying to block Obama's every move?
It's a wonder he can walk down the hall to pee w/o these sore losers trying to trip him.

To those who have been opposing the Democrats, thanks for Bush, you really got that one right. That was evil, 8 years of lies and corruption...how soon we forget.

Between the Tea Party crazies, the inherited war and economic mess, the union busting scam going on, the mentioned human wall and all those who only want to bash him, I think he's doing a great job... and in his 2nd term he will not have to negotiate with the loony Repubs as much, we'll see him push stronger for the rights of the average American, small business, the environment, having the corporations pay up.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
The following user(s) said Thank You: mountainjam28
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13894 3 years, 5 months ago
So explain putting Monsanto in charge of our food - that was his decision alone as was Geitner, Hillary, etc.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13898 3 years, 5 months ago
Sorry, the GD have always been political..,very political.
They've probably played more shows for political causes than any major band...by far..did you miss this?

The Black Panthers
For Vietnam Vets
Against Nuclear Arms
Pro-Environment, against environmental cancer
Pro Rainforest Defense
Pro Gore
Pro Boxer
Pro Obama

and many, many more

Phil knows damn well what he's doing, he isn't caught up in anything. I bet he sees that Obama could do better if they would not oppose every damn thing he does. He's made a couple of mistakes but overall done a darn good job considering the situation.

I admire people like Phil, Steve Earl, Pete Seegar, The Dixie Chicks and others who continue the Guthrie tradition of political protest and taking a stance through song-art and deeds. The SF Mime Troupe does the same. Long live the right to speak your mind about the true evil.. the puppet masters who would like to abolish everything public, preying on Tea Party anger to do their bidding.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13901 3 years, 5 months ago
"So explain putting Monsanto in charge of our food - that was his decision alone as was Geitner, Hillary, etc."
Have you ever posted one word about Obama's accomplishments or the mentioned Republican blockade, smear attempts. Do you recognize what he's up against at all?

Again, thanks for Bush.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds