• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
acousticPhenomena
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please dont REMOVE the OBAMA sticker

#14399 3 years, 3 months ago
If it gives him a boost and helps him make that awesome music I don't care what he has on his amp. Not thrilled with the Obama administration really, but isn't it silly to blame a single guy for thousands of douchebags? Although there's not really anyone else to blame i guess.
W i n o
Junior Boarder

#14403 3 years, 3 months ago
obama-the-dead-head-obama-the-dead-head-political-poster-1261940799.jpg

I`m going to let my freak flag fly !!!!!
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#14416 3 years, 3 months ago
I guess it IS time for Phil remove that Obama '08 sticker...

and replace it with one that says

OBAMA 2012.
movable parts
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil:: Please REMOVE the OBAMA sticker from

#14455 3 years, 3 months ago
i have to laugh at these post but i agree. Obama and his marketing team hoodwinked the american public (especially the youth). Buying great artists (shepard fairey, the dead)to win the hearts of the confused. I think the same think every time i look at his amp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Straw
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14494 3 years, 3 months ago
If you want to look for the confused masses all you have to do is set sights past Obama supporters to the loony Teabaggers who are so extremely angry at...uh...whatever is put in front of them..unions, acorn, immigrants...scapegoating has been mastered by their very rich leaders and they follow like good sheep.

Obama isn't done. Just watch.
What do you want him to do about this union situation as a president? I have no answers myself.
I have known a few union members who had a tough time...there is too much favoritism and they need to clean it up a bit. But that system is still necessary. The Kochs have proved those at the top corporate management cannot be trusted in any way.

I don't need to have the last word and I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I understand it's not easy dealing with unions sometimes. I just think they are being punished unfairly because they support the Republican opposition and that is a really messed up way for a political party to act immediately after they have any power, to blatantly attack the power bases of the other to try to gain the upper hand. Just sleazy beyond belief. We have so many problems as a country and they are wasting our time, as usual, deceiving people into believing they are trying to fix the economy. BS. They have always wanted to take down the EPA, Planned Parenthood, NPR, anything progressive and any voice of reason.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

#14515 3 years, 3 months ago
The GOP, using the tea party, has targeted unions. By getting rid of the unions they they get rid of the union money that traditionally goes to the Democrats. Take that money away and with the supreme court decision that gives corporations the right to make unlimited campaign contributions to their favorites (GOP candidates) the GOP will have a decided advantage.

What is Obama to do? It is a vexing problem. I don't want to sound elitist but our population is simply not very smart. i don't know if people can't think, or are just too lazy to figure this out. The governors in Wisconsin and Ohio have made it seem like these public sector unions are the problem. That is simply not the case. The unions offered to make any necessary cuts. They just wanted to keep the right to exist and be able to bargain. The governors were not interested in that and got rid of the unions. That is what they wanted as stated in my first point. It was never about the budgets. It should be clear, but for some reason is not. That is why I question are national intelligence. When Obama got involved they said he was meddling in states rights. He did make it easier to organize a union last year by executive order which was immediately attacked by the GOP and is in the courts. We know who controls the courts. Some think it will be impossible to ever recover from what Bush did to us. I know Gore had problems of his own, but had the people who voted for Nader voted for Gore we might not be in this position. Nader if no dope but he hurt the cause.

We now see what the tea party is all about. We know what the GOP is all about. I don't know what Obama can really do.
We can put the Dems back in congress and not be so complacent. They really did not have the time needed to make the changes we need. We controlled the congress for what, maybe two years. The GOP had if for about 40. They were given just a couple of years to fix a 40 year mess thatl started with Reagan. It is very clear with a serious look. I live in Seattle. A pretty liberal state and we put a lot of those yahoos in during the last election. Go figure. I do think some people are feeling a little bit of buyers remorse with their tea party champions which does give us an opening. keep the faith.
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Darxtar.
Darxtar
Junior Boarder

#14537 3 years, 3 months ago
Lastly, I don't know if people realize that the real power of being President is that the President picks the Supreme Court justices. As we know these are life long positions. It does make a difference. For example, in an interview with Wolf Blitzer and Sandra Day O'Connor there was the following excange:

"Let's look back a little bit on some history. Bush v. Gore, you remember that case in the Supreme Court," Blitzer said.

"Oh, I remember that case," O'Connor said

"Was that the right decision?" Blitzer asked.

"I don't know," O'Connor said

O'Connor is supposed to make the right decision. She can not say that she did. At least she gave a somewhat honest answer. She was a Regan appointment. She made a political decision. It did not matter if it was the right decision. It was the decision she was appointed to make. She did what she was supposed to do. Look at the guys Bush put in, Roberts and Alito. When ever a case involving a citizen or citizens against a corporation was before them they sided without exception for the corporation. Of course they have been a big ally for corporate interests on the Supreme Court. This is where I think Nader hurt us by even running. He knows this stuff but did not seem to care. This is why this stuff is important because there are a couple of aging judges on the court now. Ginsburg(DEM) is 78 and not in good health, and Stephen Breyer(DEM) is 72.

The GOP controls the court already. I can not imagine giving them two more seats. All the others on the court are relatively young and will be making decisions that don't have to be the right decisions for a long time. Obama 2012, we really do not have any other choice.

I have taken up too much of this already. Just needed to vent. Think it's time to listen to some Furthur. Been getting into that show at UCF. It was way way good!
You aint gonna learn what you don't want to know.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Darxtar.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14553 3 years, 3 months ago
Don't blame the people that voted for Nader for Bush winning. Gore folded in Florida. He did not challenge the illegal removing of voters from voting rolls nor the police roadblocks set up near polling places in Democratic areas of Florida. If Gore wanted the Green party vote he needed to make platform concessions to the Green party. Why should I have voted for Gore when Nader represented my views and Gore didn't.

You cannot blame the republicans for Obama's betrayal on every issue. he had control for 2 years of both houses and passed little of substance. No public option, no employee free choice act and he has done things to aid corporations that the republicans have no control over, such as his administration appointments. He has reneged on many campaign promises, such as no corporations in his admin, open government, etc.

He campaigned that he was change and Hillary Clinton was the same old thing. Then he appoints Hillary as Secretary of State and stocks his admin with Clintonistas. We have Monsanto, GE and the banks in his administration.

Obama is a tool of he corporations and all this is according to script.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#14560 3 years, 3 months ago
Well put, Darxtar. Thanks, keep the faith yourself. Good points about the judges. Where was the Tea Party when they stopped counting peoples votes?

This whole process taking place to bust the unions, after they agreed to the pay cuts let us all know exactly what they were after and what their end game is..my hope is that they have overplayed their hand to the point that moderates and less extreme conservatives see the Republican party for what they have become and work to defeat them yet again.

Their game is to distort and destroy and it is all about deregulation and handing everything to the private sector so they can control the game and soak us for yet more, dump anything anywhere and not pay... and also to push their moral agenda to the max, abortion, etc.

I used to respect Nader as a consumer advocate but he lost me with his both sides are the same BS...he does not understand the context of history, what is in balance right now and the cost of his actions. No Nader, No Bush simple as that....this was not the time to be a rebel, the end result was so painfully obvious...a simple math equation. We are not ready yet as a nation. Drive cross country and talk to people. Go to the South. How many races do you see mixing, on the average, aside from school? We are a long way away, still.

Talk to Republicans and you know what you will hear from most of them? They have been sold an idea that the lower class and elitists, whatever that means, are the source of most of our economic problems. It's those freeloaders dragging us all down. Those who sponge off the rest of us more than they need to are a problem but hardly the source of our economic crisis. If you will risk looking like an elitist saying we are not-too-bright on the average these days as a nation, I'll also say there is alot of racism still out there and it's used to create fear and anger in people who grew up in the majority and see that changing. They just need a target supplied for them to blame.

The Democrats don't prey on these primal emotions, they are the thinking party...Obama needs to get that...that people are afraid and angry, frustrated with this economy..he needs to shorten his message a bit.. he's right on track with helping small business, the middle class, getting the top end to pony up their fair share, finally and move away from fossil fuel. Obama and The Dems are not perfect but they have by far a better vision.

Shakin, still waiting for your Republican comparison to the Koch-Walker buyout plan. You said they are the same, Dems-Repubs..prove it. Let's see a comparison.
By targeting Obama you are playing into their game.
...and working for the Republicans, like it or not. They are the problem, they created the mess.

Obama has had a very short time compared to the damage done for 8 years. Music teaches patience, no?

and good idea, I'm going for some music to cap the night.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefuldad
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#14561 3 years, 3 months ago
movable parts wrote:
i have to laugh at these post but i agree. Obama and his marketing team hoodwinked the american public (especially the youth). Buying great artists (shepard fairey, the dead)to win the hearts of the confused. I think the same think every time i look at his amp.

I disagree with Shepard Fairey being a great artist.

He is however a brilliant marketer.
Time to create page: 1.59 seconds