• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

best website to book a flight?

#137086 2 years, 7 months ago
any suggestions?

does it matter or are they all pretty much the same?

thanks
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: best website to book a flight?

#137087 2 years, 7 months ago
I usually book through travelosity. I always search through a few just to make sure I'm getting the best deal, but its usually travelosity with the best deal. Its more important to choose the right timing. usually tuesday seems to offer the best rates but be patient. Ive also found that 30 days prior to departure they start offering deals but if oil prices are on the rise you may not get any deals. Another reason I like travelosity is I like gnomes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#137090 2 years, 7 months ago
I usually start with Travelocity and Expedia, then double check my preferred flight's price on the specific airline's website. Often I've found it lower at the airline's site, and I save the Travelocity fee. Hope there's a show at the other end of your flight!
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#137093 2 years, 7 months ago
Agreed with the 1st 2 posts. Check Travelocity and Expedia first then also the airlines individual sites. Also try different airports close by where your going as well. Good Luck, its Spring showtime soon!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#137095 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I usually start with Travelocity and Expedia, then double check my preferred flight's price on the specific airline's website. Often I've found it lower at the airline's site, and I save the Travelocity fee. Hope there's a show at the other end of your flight!

no show at the end of this flight - but it is back home after what I'm sure is going to be the last of 13 amazing spring shows
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#137100 2 years, 7 months ago
cool I checked both those sites and then with the airlines site and they are all within $1 of each other

thanks for the tips!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#137114 2 years, 7 months ago
i have found some obscenely cheap flights searching "cheap flights" under google and poking around for a while. not always the carrier you want or times but i've made a few sacrifices for dirt cheap airfare.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, MushroomMan
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#137143 2 years, 7 months ago
www.kayak.com

They search multiple sites for the best price.

I sound like the commercial
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, MushroomMan
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#137146 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm flying from DC National to West Palm Beach tonight, I booked through Travelocity about a week ago for $221. What you should look at is when booking go through the proceess and when you pick your seat (before paying)look at the number of open seats. Many open seats, then the price might come down as you get closer etc.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#137149 2 years, 7 months ago
well its looking like only first class is available so they must be pretty full.... that's ok though, I'll take first class

I could get cheaper but there would be more stops and a much longer time period between flights and stuff
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds