Re: FURTHUR or DSO?

#13922 3 years, 5 months ago
oh ,and how could I of forgotten this tastey little nugget
Greyhead
Fresh Boarder

#13928 3 years, 5 months ago
pogue mahone wrote:
Here is my HIGHLY subjective, unscientific comparison of the individual band members in Furthur and DSO. When you want to get to the real answer to the age old sports question "Which team is better?". I prefer to break it down into its individual parts. At the very least, it helps me avoid making bonehead sports bets. So here goes . . .

Jeff P. and Sunshine Garcia vs. Lisa Mackey:
I love what Lisa brings to the music, she is kind of like an understated Donna, which is perfect, IMO. I know most folks love the Furthur backup singers, and they do add a lot to the vocals (a WHOLE lot). But I still like the "Donna" format better. Not singing on every song, adding harmony when its needed. Again, maybe personal preference, but I feel that approach to back up vocals is more complimentary to GD music. However, both do a really good job, but Lisa does not sing at every show, and this hurts her. So its kind of unfair to compare her to two profesisional "everyday players". But we work with what we have so i gotta give the nod to . . .
Edge: Jeff and Sunshine

okay, I'm done.

I beg to differ!!

pogue mahone
Junior Boarder

#13958 3 years, 5 months ago
That was f'ing awsome . . . I have been rebuffed.
I followed my head and not my heart on the back up vocals pick . . . edge goes to Lisa hands down.
CosmicCarl44
Fresh Boarder

#13965 3 years, 5 months ago
FURTHUR..... they have backup singers. case closed
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#13971 3 years, 5 months ago
well after seeing those videos....there alright, but I sure am glad I decided to miss DSO and Thursdays GOTV to go catch one more Furthur show in Mansfield. then I'll stay at the vibes once I get there friday.

They don't sound bad but I really don't understand how its even a question, To each his own though, I guess.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#13977 3 years, 5 months ago
This is a joke right?? A bad joke, comparing Furthur to DSO is like comparing a Yugo to a Ferarri.

One's the Real Deal and ones a copy, not a bad copy but when they get on the gas it sound like ---- well what it is, a Yugo. "DSO take it place Furthur can't go???" Are you shitting me. The original members vs the knock offs. Get real.

There's a reason they can sell out multi-night venues like Mann, Best Buy, The Tower, and Red Rocks.

DSO is not bad but they're a copy band. If you want to see a cover or copy band do it right see Splintered Sunlight.

As for watchin Eaton, he's to much in action a Bobby Wieir doll.
As I said they're not bad, but they're not a comparison to Furthur. See Furthur before it's over.

The comparison of Barraco and Chimenti was interesting, but Jeff wins on pure musiciian ship, but not by a lot. Barraco is the real deal too. Mattson and his scales vs JK, and his spooky Jerry like vocals. Hmm I'll take JK for sure. Mattson is better with DSO but there's a reason of all the guitarist they chose JK.

Furthur as a band is getting better and better. Comparing anyone doing Dead Music to Phil and Bobby is blaspheme!
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Loonyj.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds