Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

rainbows and unicorns.....Blair J's latest blog

#136496 2 years, 7 months ago
This could probably be titled FF vs. PT

Read

www.dead.net/features/blairs-blog/blair-...and-picky-dead-heads

Discuss
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , captaintony, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, DancinBear
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: rainbows and unicorns.....Blair J's latest blog

#136498 2 years, 7 months ago
Yes, very glad to see that other wise people like Blair notice this vitrolic trend.
Hopefully, the message of thankfulness and love will get through to folks, and thoughtful kindness will grow in all areas of life, online and off.

Good for you Blair Jackson!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#136560 2 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for sharing. Great article! And some GREAT OBSERVATIONS.

My own observation, we've lost some key audience participation too! I remember we'd chant and clap to NFA and we were the leaders of the band.

Feels like it was all a distant dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago. But I KNOW OUR LOVE WILL NEVER FADE AWAY!
Attachments:
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#136605 2 years, 7 months ago
this might restore your faith a bit.

Tower 3.19.11

NFA to end first set with crowd keeping beat after they leave stage and ..crowd picking up clapping NFA to start second

this is a great show for those who haven't heard it.

archive.org/details/furthur2011-03-19.mk...csound.114689.flac24
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#136622 2 years, 7 months ago
furthur fluffers!!!!

i see tons of shows and i will critique both positively and negatively. it's really being fair and honest giving both sides to the band.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#137184 2 years, 7 months ago
The first GD show I ever went to I thought was one of the most boring gigs I'd ever seen (Alpine Valley '81). It wasn't until after the show and someone said "see you in Boulder" which I took to understand was where the next show would be. You could have knocked me over with a feather. People were going to travel 900 miles to see this band? That's when I knew I had to dig deeper into this, as there was obviously something I was missing. It was another year before I saw them again, and that was one of the best shows for me (Austin '82) followed by 4 more in the next week. It was 6 months before I saw them again (Vegas '83) and by that time I'd familiarized myself with pretty much all their recorded work. It wasn't until '83 that I started seeing like 4 or 5 consecutive shows, and one would really be a standout, so the others wouldn't be quite on that level. That seems normal, like so many things in life. Yes, it was always better being at a Dead show then just about anywhere else, but they varied and it was noticeable. Matter of fact I'd say I saw the best show followed by what i'd say was the worst, imho.

Now I've not seen nearly as many Furthur shows as many here, but I've yet to see a bad one
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#137192 2 years, 7 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Yes, very glad to see that other wise people like Blair notice this vitrolic trend.
Hopefully, the message of thankfulness and love will get through to folks, and thoughtful kindness will grow in all areas of life, online and off.

Good for you Blair Jackson!

Titus 1:15 +16 "To the pure all things are pure. To those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure."
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#137201 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^great first post
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancinBear
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#137244 2 years, 7 months ago
Welcome dancinbear!

If I some how knew that the show was going to be bad, I still rather be at a bad show than not. I've never had a show that I thought was bad. If the boys didn't bring it then I know the community would.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancinBear
DancinBear
Junior Boarder

#137254 2 years, 7 months ago
Thank You Guys!...but let me re-introduce myself.....i'm the boarder formerly known as DancingBear:lol: Sorry, didn't mean to mislead but I had to delete my old F3 id due to what i thought could be possible id theft. My grandfather passed in Dec. and i havent spoken to him in 20 years and when all of a sudden i'm gettin contacted by lawyers saying i'm part of his estate and whatnot (to what extent is yet to be determined) and it kinda freaked me out because you never know these days if your bein shookdown. I tried to get my old id of DancingBear back but once it gone its gone.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds