• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: How many shows?

#138328 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You're not alone DM, I still can't believe I never saw Jerry solo. An unbelievably dumb move!!

But I did get to carry one of Michael Jackson's costumes all over Santa Monica (a dear friend does all the big concert special effects and it was part of an illusion) and then got to see the Jackson's '84 Victory Tour from the 10th row center. My proudest moment, top that one!!

You're right - that is a hard one to top! My wife would be envious!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#138329 2 years, 7 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
Ignore the trolls. If you do that they will pass on through and be on their merry way. They feed on negative attention.

GD-150-200 not sure I didn't really keep track back then. I thought it would never end.

Furthur -27

Phil and Friends around 20

Ratdog -17

Mickey- 5

Haha exactly!! I thought it would never end too!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Wiggsdannyboy
Junior Boarder

#138340 2 years, 7 months ago
Too young to ever see the dead with Jerry. Stopped counting at the 7th furthur show.
At my 7th furthur show i was getting pissed that these two drunk elderly gentleman were actually arguing over who had seen more gd shows during the middle of the show (both were apparently somewhere between 100-150) so i ran to the porta pottie hoping they'd be done by the time i got back.
well, the back of the porta pottie door told me to stop worrying about statistics and drunk old men and instead to concentrate on just enjoying things each time i get to be there. ended up being one of the best nights of my life.
moral of the story: fuck statistics and porta potties are smarter than drunks
"Euphoria is having no idea who you are and not caring, ectasy is knowing exactly who you are... and still not caring." -Tom Robbins

"Don't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea"
Uncle Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#138352 2 years, 7 months ago
too tough to recall the old days, a safe estimate I saw 75-80% of all Garcia shows from 87-95, full GD and JGB tours 88, 89,90(until Brent died) a lot but not all 91-94 a few in 95. I also saw maybe 20-30 shows with my parents in the early 70's but I dont really count those cuz I was just a baby and not there on my own...

Phil and Friends 50
Furthur 12
Ratdog 4
Rhythm Devils 1
Dead/Too 15

my real passion these days is the David Nelson Band I've seen 90% of their shows that were not played in Hawaii the last 10 years, cuz Once YouGet A Little You'll Never Get Enough!!!
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: kamloops rainbow
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds