• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: How many shows?

#137496 2 years, 7 months ago
kamloops....harsh dude... So many roads....
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#137730 2 years, 7 months ago
Furthur: 7
DSO: 6
PL&F: 1

radiohead: 9
animal collective: 9
acid mothers temple: 6
sun araw: 11
flying lotus: 8
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#137840 2 years, 7 months ago
Too many to remember. Deffinately not enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#137850 2 years, 7 months ago
kamloops rainbow wrote:
JOE DANGLE wrote:
Love to see the lists from many various age groups. I appreciate the positive presents of people like "wlewis" and others on this board that did not have the opportunity to see the Grateful Dead w/Garcia. These are the people that help to create the indescribable energy present at some Furthur shows (listen to Phil's comments during the donor rap in Cincy and other shows). Positive vibration that raise the level of music played. Positive vibrations that helped to energize the room for the Grateful Dead that many of us enjoyed.

I do not however, understand the subtle jabs or negativity from people regarding Furthur on a furthur board. If the band truly believe that we are part of the music. If they (as Phil states can push the band with our energy) believe that we can influence the energy level at a show. The way I see it, the negative folks,talkers and "living in the past" folks that show up expecting to be let down are simply not pulling their weight. To these people, I suggest staying home and have loads of fun with the ney sayers on the phil zone. I would love to not compete with you for tickets. This way we are all happy.

Good times all around.

As for my list...........lets just say I have had a bunch of fun over the last 25 years and I am still enjoying the hell out of what is goin down.

The Grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill......

More talkers than listeners even at TC, as for the jabs at Furthur it's cause they suck is that subtle enough for you! The better they play the less talkers.......more talkers at Furthur than Phil and Friends, cause they get you to HIGH to talk and are interesting enough to keep your attention unless of course you are high on X,Molly,coke ,or alcohol. If there were just more ACID on the scene then people would listen more!!! I vote more ACID and NO alcohol.......ALL booze free shows are better...........less wooks throwing up all over the place. Other peoples VOMIT really helps the boys play better. Let alone it makes it real nice to be around that smell.Now that's an energy boost eh Phil.

As for ticket competition don't worry now that we have Terrapin Crossroads my wife and I have retired from the road and will not ever see Furthur again. After seeing Broomfield it sealed Furthurs fate for getting ANY of our concert dollars. Most of my friends feel the same way, from coast to coast and all age groups, getting tired of furthur......so tickets will be easier and easier. and if it were not for all of these OLD fuckers living in the past, Bringing down you vibe, this would not be here now without them......
now off to watch Phil and Friends FREE webcast have fun tonight......
These are the good old days!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by BillyDeLion.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#137858 2 years, 7 months ago
I was told there would be no math involved after high school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#137859 2 years, 7 months ago
Ken was right, cream rises to the top, but shit floats. People who are bummed about the music probably never got it to begin with. For a disproportionate number of people its easier to grumble and be a complaining negative ball of energy than stay positive about change and things that bum you out.. Lets hope they don't propagate and make more little assholes running around. Good company is often hard to come by and excellent parents are even harder.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#137861 2 years, 7 months ago
Oh man - no way for this to be exact for some but I will give it a stab:

GD - 160
JGB - 40
The Dead - 8
Other Ones - 2
Furthur - 7 (yes 7...all of my touring life was BK > Before Kids)
Mikey Hart - 3
7 Walkers - 1
DSO - 38

All of the other acts melt into a dream. My 1st concert > Aerosmith. Strangest concert > Frank Zappa. One of the best shows by any act who most people will roll their eyes when you tell them > Peter Gabriel
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#137865 2 years, 7 months ago
teafortexas wrote:
Oh man - no way for this to be exact for some but I will give it a stab:

GD - 160
JGB - 40
The Dead - 8
Other Ones - 2
Furthur - 7 (yes 7...all of my touring life was BK > Before Kids)
Mikey Hart - 3
7 Walkers - 1
DSO - 38

All of the other acts melt into a dream. My 1st concert > Aerosmith. Strangest concert > Frank Zappa. One of the best
shows by any act who most people will roll their eyes when you tell them > Peter Gabriel

Uncle Frank on 12/6/81, three days before the Dead (Events Center) was a strange show indeed. And one of my faves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: teafortexas
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#137874 2 years, 7 months ago
I just want to be clear regarding the "living in the past" statement. I was simply trying to express that I would like to see the younger or "new to the scene" folks not have to constantly hear that regardless of how good Futhur's music makes them feel, they can never measure up to the Grateful Dead. Let them enjoy music in the present without the negativity. Point is why come hear to splash it around.

I am 43 and part of the 150 + club for the GD. Many more for side projects. Never went to see dso because thats not the way I chose to fill the void after Garcia's passing. I was never arrogant enough to tell friends that were catching projects were not my cup of tea, that they were pasionate about bands that were "not real". I always try to "stay in my own movie" and enjoy spending time with others that live the same way. If we decide to come together, we shold be there for a reason other then to chirp all night with really nothing to say.........

"IF THIS AIN'T THE REAL THING, IT'S CLOSE ENOUGH TO PRETEND"

Enjoy you day one and all !
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#137878 2 years, 7 months ago
GD- 11
The OtherOnes/Dead- 6
Ratdog- 7
Phil & Friends - 1
Furthur - 13 (and counting - tix for 5 more)

Other Bands/Artists I have seen more than once:
ABB
Phish
Gov't Mule
Roger Waters Solo
Pink Floyd (without Roger Waters)
U2
Bruce Springsteen
Black Crowes
Sting (Solo)
The Police
Johnny Winter