• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: If no recordings from TRX, did it really happen

#135225 2 years, 6 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I feel the need to elaborate on the "No recording" policy at Terrapin Crossroads and how, for me, it has sapped most of the joy of its auspicious opening.

I understand (and even support) wanting to put the lid on eveyone holding up their phones and recording or streaming. But not having any record of these shows in their immediate aftermath goes against nearly a half century of Grateful Dead history.

You can compare the policy to Levon's rambles if you want to. But taping the music live is at the core of the Grateful Dead's relationship with their fans. Not so with the Band.

I also understand how special it must be to be inside. But I feel totally disconnected. And with no prospects of getting inside soon or ever, I feel little excitement. ..... In contrast to the great Broomfield run which we all were able to share, if not in the moment then soon after.

This is all new and it may get worked out. Who knows, recordings may pop up soon. After which I will stand down from my pedestal and apologize.

Meanwhile, I'm Pennsylvania, 3000 miles away from Terrapin Crossroads --- but I may as well be Standing on the Moon.

Now this blistering stream is what I'm talking about.!

I needed a taste!

humble and grateful apologies
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#135238 2 years, 6 months ago
^^^I'm just so glad you found out about it!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#135283 2 years, 6 months ago
Now don't you all feel dumb.

haha aww I'm kidding.

But seriously, I am 100% sure Phil has every show recorded and plans to release AT LEAST 1 or 2 of them a la the soundboard releases of general PNF tours.

Let's all not get too bent out of shape. It will come. Phil has been the most gracious of the guys in terms of free soundboards. It will definitely come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#135429 2 years, 6 months ago

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Island Head.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds