• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: If no recordings from TRX, did it really happen

#135029 2 years, 5 months ago
I would be shocked if they didn't come out. Maybe a box set of the opening shows.

I would buy it. Down the road it would be cool if they streamed through a private source like a membership type thing.
>HI Qty<
I know the history and yes I agree that GD music should be readily advalible for all, but understand if Phil is going to roll out somthing different (as long as it's cool)
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#135032 2 years, 5 months ago
i really don't know how to type what i want without it coming out the wrong way.

i don't think he owes us anything, if he gives em to us he does, if not oh well. get out there and be part of it. it's a special place and it's intimate for a reason.

terrapin sedation---why won't terrapin be in your future?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#135036 2 years, 5 months ago
i'd be shocked if Phil wasn't recording these shows for his archive. he's been very generous in the past with the release of soundboards, and i expect that to continue. the waiting is the hardest part.

Strider... do you know of a specific reason why the 3rd Broomfield show hasn't been made available through etree?
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#135039 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i really don't know how to type what i want without it coming out the wrong way.

i don't think he owes us anything, if he gives em to us he does, if not oh well. get out there and be part of it. it's a special place and it's intimate for a reason.

I don't feel owed anything and will be there for the grand opening next year. I was just assuming that he would based on his previous generosity. Also assuming it would be rolled out in a "If you can't be here Souvenir" , but either way I am stoked for this venture. Even more stoked for those that will be there for these historic runs. I am More botherd by all the "nay saying" about this gift from Phil. I have nothing but appriciation **>THANK YOU PHIL<**

SO ENJOY!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#135040 2 years, 5 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:

Strider... do you know of a specific reason why the 3rd Broomfield show hasn't been made available through etree?

None other than a post by Zenomarx in this thread - furthur.net/forum/show-reviews/124057-pl...&start=40#130197

ZenoMarx wrote:
GratefulDad420 wrote:
I got the 18th from a private torrent/tracker site. Unfortunately, you need to be invited or have to catch them when they open registrations. Did you check bt.etree.org? I usually can find almost everything ever there. Using bit torrents is very simple, and for legal recordings of all sorts of live music shows, bt.etree.org is free and easy to use.
Are you sure it is a SBD? From the mouth who has been doing the public feeding: "There are issues with the recording of the 18th that are preventing its immediate release. I am hopeful that they will be resolved soon. But, I don't know and cannot promise anything." Not that it couldn't have leaked pre-adjustments, but it doesn't sound like it has.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Strider1.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#135041 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:

Ditto, I don't feel he "owes" us anything. He doesn't even owe us an announcement regarding the soundboards. He has the right to say nothing at all, and then maybe months, or years down the road, bam release them, or not.

I also think he may not release any recording that is sub-par to his standards, and I would respect that decision.

And I also, and this is easier said since I'm going to some of the shows, think it is cool if he keeps these shows between himself and the attendees. Makes it that much more special for the people that make it to the shows.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, wlewis
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#135046 2 years, 5 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Burt and Strider!!! HAVE AN AMAZING TIME THIS WEEKEND!! Come back and let us know "it really did happen!"

Take lots of pictures!!!!!

You know we will, here's one to start!

2 days and counting!

Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, FurthurFlower67
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#135050 2 years, 5 months ago
Its phil and friends NOT THE GRATEFUL DEAD his house ,his ball ,his rules like it or lump it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das
Chester
More or less in line

#135053 2 years, 5 months ago
Absolutely! Phil owes us nothing. For that fact, none of the good old Grateful Dead guys owe us anything. They've given so much.
But Phil has been one of the kindest, in providing music, after the fact to his fans. I don't think it would take away from the intimacy
of the venue to either allow taping, or release some SBD's or downloads. But, it's just a suggestion.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#135056 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:

The reason why I can't get to Terrapin Crossroads is because it would require two round-trip air tickets, hotel expenses, show expenses ect. Got two kids in college, had to buy a new car when the other one unexpectedly crapped out, spent a grand to kill termites last week...paid a lawyer a grand to get my kid out of a possession charge....should I go on?

But I'm not complaining. Other than Europe and the Greek I made it to just about every destination venue during the day, including Telluride and Lunt Fontaine, when life was a bit more carefree. So if I was in those shoes (your shoes?) again, I would definitely be trying to get there.

When we do have the money and time, a big trip to San Fran is on the bucket list and I would certainly hope it would coincide with a show at TXR.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds