• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

If no recordings from TRX, did it really happen

#134995 2 years, 7 months ago
I feel the need to elaborate on the "No recording" policy at Terrapin Crossroads and how, for me, it has sapped most of the joy of its auspicious opening.

I understand (and even support) wanting to put the lid on eveyone holding up their phones and recording or streaming. But not having any record of these shows in their immediate aftermath goes against nearly a half century of Grateful Dead history.

You can compare the policy to Levon's rambles if you want to. But taping the music live is at the core of the Grateful Dead's relationship with their fans. Not so with the Band.

I also understand how special it must be to be inside. But I feel totally disconnected. And with no prospects of getting inside soon or ever, I feel little excitement. ..... In contrast to the great Broomfield run which we all were able to share, if not in the moment then soon after.

This is all new and it may get worked out. Who knows, recordings may pop up soon. After which I will stand down from my pedestal and apologize.

Meanwhile, I'm Pennsylvania, 3000 miles away from Terrapin Crossroads --- but I may as well be Standing on the Moon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiGal, Denver Man, kfender, FurthurFlower67, 23atwell
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: If no recordings from TRX, did it really happen

#134997 2 years, 7 months ago
I agree! There's probably more to the story that we don't know but still ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#134998 2 years, 7 months ago
I know the feeling TerrapinSedation....but I just have a hunch something will pop up sooner or later! Here are a few videos from Saturday night's show I found on youtube.

Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#135001 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^^^^

Thanks Flower. Someone certainly was taking a risk. I wouldn't have wanted to risk being thrown out.

I hope I didn't come off like a whiner. And Phil certainly can call the tune. It's just after so much anticipation my balloon has lost a lot of air.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#135008 2 years, 7 months ago
similar to Broomfield, i'm hoping that Phil will gradually release the soundboard recordings of the Terrapin Crossroads shows. it would be great if he did it through etree, but i'd be willing to pay a few bucks if Phil decides to sell the shows through the Terrapin Crossroads web site or at download.com. one way or another i think recordings will emerge.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#135011 2 years, 7 months ago
I am only hoping that with a no-taping policy, they will understand our need and release soundboard recordings of these shows!!

However, with the problems encountered with them releasing the 2/18/12 Broomfield show, I am concerned with their ability to make sure it gets recorded properly.

It has been mentioned, on here I believe, about the inferior quality of Furthur's soundboards compared to the ones released by Phish, ABB, and even Panic. I myself have not experienced enough of the others to make that judgement, but it seems others have noticed. I have watched some of Phish's live streams and they are, to say the least, spectacular in technical quality.

You would think that it's not that difficult to make a quality board recording, audio or video. And whether it's Furthur or PLF at TC, the additional revenue they garner from these sales do add up, and would only be a win-win for both the band and the fans!

Just my 2 cents.
Takin' it in stride!
Chester
More or less in line

#135012 2 years, 7 months ago
I would truly love to hear these shows somehow. If we can't get a webcast, some sort of recording should be made available.
I also hope Phil will see the light, and release something. They were obviously special shows.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#135019 2 years, 7 months ago
let me pose this question. how do you know there is not somebody taping every show there?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#135023 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
let me pose this question. how do you know there is not somebody taping every show there?

I'm sure there were some stealth "human mic stands" but needing to be covert would probably result in a lower quality recording.

I am quite certain that Phil is having someone record these shows, if for no other reason than for his own collection.

I just hope he shares them with us.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#135027 2 years, 7 months ago
Burt and Strider!!! HAVE AN AMAZING TIME THIS WEEKEND!! Come back and let us know "it really did happen!"

Take lots of pictures!!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds