• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Karma Points

#13781 3 years, 5 months ago
I prefer the dosed grilled cheese from spring 89 myself
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
UncleGrizz
Junior Boarder

#13807 3 years, 5 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
I prefer the dosed grilled cheese from spring 89 myself

Hey, I had those in Pittsburgh ! No, not really..... I think they were called " Gooney Birds " ( or was that '88 Pittsburgh ? ). Either way, they were great. Unfortunately, I was into it pretty good when I came out of a SMOKIN' show in the Igloo, into the riot outside.
You Know it's Gonna Get Stranger
pogue mahone
Junior Boarder

#13903 3 years, 5 months ago
What exactly is the point of having Karma points?

if its to smoke out those kind souls who for reasons known only to them bring mostly negativity to social settings (in this case, an online community), then I'd say Karma points are an exercise in futility at best. My guess is that folks with bad Karma do not care about Karma points . . . if they did, they wouldn't have bad Karma to begin with.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13906 3 years, 5 months ago
I have great karma - I'm shown that all the time and I don't give a fuck about them. Just think its bullshit.
pogue mahone
Junior Boarder

#13910 3 years, 5 months ago
Ironically "Karma points" seem to only generate negativity.
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13979 3 years, 5 months ago
The # was on 666, so i had to do something...carry on
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#14308 3 years, 5 months ago
If people are going to be allowed to award and take away Karma Points it should be done publicly with the names of the people adding and subtracting posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#14327 3 years, 5 months ago
Nagan, I hit you up with a good Karma Point because you don't seem like the kind of person that would intentionaly do someone wrong. Just a person that likes to dominate the rap. Maybe there is an art to conversation "in the box" may work here also....finding the groove and helping to shape it, not direct it, drive it, or dominate it. Just a thought....
sandee823
Junior Boarder
Ohh mama, aint it good to be alive

#14688 3 years, 5 months ago
Material St. John wrote:
I am not hip. I am not heady. I was was in 7th grade in 1995, and am not "Old School." I love hearing whatever they want to play, where ever they want to play it. With whomever they want to play it with! This is not because I am a "fluffing noob," or whatever lame label applies here. It is because I love these songs, this large loose and crazy community, and think it's rad that in 2011 I can experience what I have with this band.

Right there with you. I am 30 as well and enjoy the experiences I have had and shared along the way at these shows, with this family. I dont mind if they miss a note, forget the lyrics or just plain stop playing a song in the beginning and switch to another for one reason or the other. They are human, believe it or not I might not know the name of a song or when the last time they played it was, but i am a fan, along with the most experienced head and always will be.
This family has opened my eyes to so much in the world. For that, I am and will remain forever grateful.
My freedoms in the fire, i want to take me higher....free my soul
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by sandee823.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#14717 3 years, 5 months ago
I am 42 and have seen well over 100 shows when Jerry was alive. Doesn't make me any more of a head, just older : ) When I cut my hair at the age of 25 to take a full time coaching position, I remember being judged by people at shows for looking to consevative. It is whats in your heart and soul that makes you a "head". I think that it is in your nature or not. It is not your physical age, look, lyrical knowledge or amount of shows that you have seen that defines you. Its the music that moves you. My daughter Cassidy, would love to hear crazy fingers at 6 months old and still loves the music at 16........
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandee823
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds