• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

Re: Karma Points

#13633 3 years, 3 months ago
admin over on the pz has been encouraging their users to come here in anticipation of the very real possibility that they may be shutting down that site. i still agree with your question, gray, but just wanted to provide some insight on why that influx is coming here...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13637 3 years, 3 months ago
>>Still trying to wrap my head around why you are here Shakin???

I was told to come here by the administration of the Phil Zone. I have been a fan of the Grateful Dead for over 40 years and thought I might find some like minded people here and also some general discourse.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13640 3 years, 3 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
>>Still trying to wrap my head around why you are here Shakin???

I was told to come here by the administration of the Phil Zone. I have been a fan of the Grateful Dead for over 40 years and thought I might find some like minded people here and also some general discourse.

Like minded? Did you find any?
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13641 3 years, 3 months ago
Not really. Kind of discouraging.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13643 3 years, 3 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
Not really. Kind of discouraging.

Could just be approach.
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#13645 3 years, 3 months ago
I do find it very funny how people spend so much time on bands boards being negative about the bands. That said everyone has the right to express their views--- so even though I think this negativity says more about the person making the comments then the comments themselves express, I will defend your rights to be negative.

As far as Karma goes--- almost all forums I am active on (music and other topics) have some sort of point system, and a thank you/I don't like system. Furthur calls it Karma--- cool... whatever... Phil and Jill have said please keep the community positive, and this point system is a way of looking at a comment and figuring out if this person is a constant negative voice or perhaps expressing something interesting. I don't see this as a violation of my civil liberties--- in fact I have found it helpful in deciding who's threads I should follow and who's I should ignore.

I should have ignored this one---- but felt compelled to add my voice to this debate.

I am not hip. I am not heady. I was was in 7th grade in 1995, and am not "Old School." I love hearing whatever they want to play, where ever they want to play it. With whomever they want to play it with! This is not because I am a "fluffing noob," or whatever lame label applies here. It is because I love these songs, this large loose and crazy community, and think it's rad that in 2011 I can experience what I have with this band.

I missed out on being a Deadhead--- I am a Furthur Fan, and that's cool with me.
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13647 3 years, 3 months ago
It's like this John, I loved the Grateful Dead, most of the Phil and Friends configurations, liked The Dead and the Other Ones. Just don't think Furthur comes to the level of the others and I said so. If Phil does not want any criticism then he needs to tell me so and I will refrain.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13648 3 years, 3 months ago
I missed out on being a Deadhead--- I am a Furthur Fan, and that's cool with me.[/quote]

Welcome to the family...you ARE a deadhead
Terrapin17
Junior Boarder

#13662 3 years, 3 months ago
I could use some Karma Points. Check out my web series and if you like it maybe I'll get some!

Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#13696 3 years, 3 months ago
Abba wrote:
I missed out on being a Deadhead--- I am a Furthur Fan, and that's cool with me.

Welcome to the family...you ARE a deadhead[/quote]

Thanks! I saw Phil first time in 99 on that Dylan Double Bill. Saw tons of PLF/PLQ, Other Ones, and The Dead.

I was at Radio City and there was these older dudes behind us, who were like "How old are you guys?" We said 30ish and they were like it's so great to see "Kids" getting into the band. I thought this was so funny as first off... I'm 30--- and second I have been seeing Dead Related projects for over a Decade!

Love the fact that this band's history is so long and deep that after 13 years I am still just getting into the band, and that I am still considered a "kid!"

Furthur and Furthur

J
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds