amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Terrapin Crossroads March 17 th

#134365 2 years, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
the upside down pic is my favorite

Yea - that one gave me a head rush...

And yes on the grilled cheese!

The drinking songs were appropriate for St Patty's and a big guy passed out in front of us during Seven Drunken Fools. There were a large number of seriously drunk people. I hope that was only due to the holiday... One guy walked right into the wall and knocked himself out!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amusingdeva.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#134368 2 years, 6 months ago
Cool to see Jimmy Herring
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Chester
More or less in line

#134370 2 years, 6 months ago
And I was watching a Widespread Panic show last night, while checking out the setlist. How serendipitous.
Way cool about the grilled cheese. Not so cool about the drunk people. Still envious. Hope tonight is fun.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#134391 2 years, 6 months ago
Have a bit of time to write while husband takes a pre-show siesta... Yea, he was one if those drunk ones - he dies not recall set 2 - but he did ask if I could drive so he could get completely trashed...

Not sure how many of you have been to the old Palm Room but TC has not changed much there yet. I heard they plan to tear it down (just the music part) and rebuild. It is like a big 6-car warehouse/garage inside. I thought the sound was pretty good everywhere inside. They put down carpet so I could dance barefoot in comfort (thanks Phil!). Full bar inside and they served you where you were standing until it got too crowded to do so.

The restaurant is really nicely done and they served food after the show until 1 am and drinks for longer. The patio was smoke out city but that might change when it gets warmer and more people use the deck. Good beer selection but $6 each. Okay food. We met our kids there for dinner at 4:30 and it was pretty packed by 5:30. They had nibbles on up to prix fixe dinner selections for $32.

Pre-show there was a band playing dead tunes in a bar across the lot. The lot scene was small (did I mention the biting cold wind?) and I heard they let folks hang out until midway through the 1st set and then asked people to leave or go In the restaurant. They'd likely make a lot of money on drink sales (and make people happy) if they piped the sound into the restaurant. Video would be great too!

Everyone got the poster of the night upon leaving the venue. VIPs and weekenders got a signed poster listing all of the dates as well.

Phil looked so very happy! To speak to someone's question about Jimmy Herring - he was fantastic but I may be biased as I am a fan. He was able to kick out the great jams but also fade into the background more when called for. Jeff killed it as he always does. Hard to see him or Jackie on keys unless you were direct line of sight. Chris Robinson looked like he was having the time of his life up there and he & Jimmy yukked it up quite a bit. Bobby was his usual Bobby self - it will be interesting to hear this lineup tonight sans Bobby.

My only regret is that I can't come back when John or Warren are here!

If you have any questions - send them my way
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, Warlock, deadahead, SunshineSue, Strider1, mcolleen
Chester
More or less in line

#134402 2 years, 6 months ago
Sounds like you had the time of your life.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#134405 2 years, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
Sounds like you had the time of your life.

I like to think of it as the time of my night... Heading to show 2 and hope for another time of my night!
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#134413 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, Cindy!!!! Your color commentary was great!! Love imagining Phil finally seeing their vision come to be, & you're there!!!
"The breeze would pause to listen in"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#134416 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks so much for virtually taking us there with you!! Have another incredible night!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#134579 2 years, 6 months ago
Good Morning, rise & shine!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother Dust, Little Bear, Strider1
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#134676 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Have a bit of time to write while husband takes a pre-show siesta... Yea, he was one if those drunk ones - he dies not recall set 2 - but he did ask if I could drive so he could get completely trashed...

Not sure how many of you have been to the old Palm Room but TC has not changed much there yet. I heard they plan to tear it down (just the music part) and rebuild. It is like a big 6-car warehouse/garage inside. I thought the sound was pretty good everywhere inside. They put down carpet so I could dance barefoot in comfort (thanks Phil!). Full bar inside and they served you where you were standing until it got too crowded to do so........

Thank you for the nice review of the May 17 show, amusingdeva! I have been busy with work and just now read up here and a little at TL.com and I really enjoyed your review. BTW, they have a thread for each show at the TL.com TC Show Reviews forum. If you want to and since you are a member there, it would be great if you copied your review over to that forum as well, since the site is totally about TC. Same goes for the rest of you lucky people who have gone or are going to this first run of shows at TC! Reviews, Photos and Videos, bring them on!
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds