• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chris1126
Junior Boarder

Re: How did you get into the Dead and when?

#16765 3 years, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
a quick search on the setlist program revealed that the show was 9/7/85 from Red Rocks.

its the only show that had all the songs you mentioned.

I know almost everybody uses deadbase but I think it easier to search setlists with the setlist program.....

thx bro, ive been meaning to see if i could find it somewhere, and its the one...listening on the archive as I type with a big ol' grin on my face!!!

smile.png
"Talking a lot about less and less;
And forgetting the love we bring."
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#16783 3 years, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
a quick search on the setlist program revealed that the show was 9/7/85 from Red Rocks.

its the only show that had all the songs you mentioned.

I know almost everybody uses deadbase but I think it easier to search setlists with the setlist program.....
iwas there i said that sounds familiar the mr fantasy hey jude baby blue was the kicker
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#16960 3 years, 3 months ago
1969 : FILLMORE EAST was 14 years old

WHEN THEY DID" NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME" the ears pricked up and the feet couldn't stop

THEN WHEN THEY DID PLAYING IN THE BAND BECAME OBSESSED

CHINA CAT ON ONE AND A HALF ORANGE BARREL SUNSHINE PRODUCED BUBBLES IN THE AIR and the 42 year long strange tirp began........SUGAR MAG WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE...........................

SOOOOO HAPPY WITH FURTHUR OVER 40 YEARS LATER.............

CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR JONES BEACH AND ALPHARETTA, GEORGIA

this NEW band is so consistent, so beautiful and so "from the heart of me" THANK YOU PHIL AND BOBBY AND CHIMENTI AND KADLECIK AND SUNSHINE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
come and join the party every day!
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

#17502 3 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Unfortunatly I just got on the bus at the Ratdog/Allman Brothers show 8/20/08 - the Meadows in CT. The Allmans were still great but I thought Ratdog blew them away and have seen every Dead related show in my area that I could make ever since.

Theres a few that I wish I went to like the Brooklyn shows last year were close enough for me and I never saw Phil & Friends which I def could of made some of those. From now on though I wont be missing anything within 3 hours of me and I'll consider them if there not to much farther. I'm lucky enough to be in CT and have a bunch of shows around me but I would travel farther for Furthur if they wern't playing close....I have to make it out to Red Rocks sometime to.

I am only 24 so really never had a chance at seeing Jerry enless my parents were really into it but I still could have gotten into it sooner, luckily my days of listening to rap were short lived!

I'll forever be mad at myself for not getting on the bus sooner but what can I do? just hope that the bus keeps rolling on....

Don't be mad at yourself dude. Simply rejoice in the fact that you did indeed get on the bus. When I think back to the shows I missed because I wasn't in to it (actually I was anti until about age 16 1/2 or so-sometime during 11th grade) iyeah it's a bummer but then I think of the gems I did see and continue to see in the modern era and it's all good! Just for reference I was in 11th grade from 1983-84-First show SPAC 1984-some missed shows that I definitely could have attended if I had been down with the Dead-Lake Placid 1983, SPAC 1983 (told a kid who wanted me to go with him that I needed to save my money for Men at Work-so sad indeed), Glens Falls 1981 or 82. Now some of the gems I attended-Halloween 1985 in SC, the Ripple show Landover 1988, NYE 1988-89, MSG LaBamba show with the incredible Shakedown and Dew 1987, SPAC 1984, SPAC 1988-Met Jerry, Phil, and Bobby, and Brent at the Gideon Putnam Hotel the night before and actually drank a few beers with Brent and Phil at the bar. So anyways my point is that it's natural to wish you had gotten on board earlier- Hell I am in awe when I meet heads that saw Pig or Keith. It all started somewhere and sometime for everyone of us and it is simply a duty to keep on keeping on.
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#20399 3 years, 2 months ago
Its an awesome bus to be on.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds