• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Spring 2013 Beacon vs. Radio City??

#217939 1 year, 11 months ago
All their Chicago shows have been packed!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#217940 1 year, 11 months ago
RafaelO wrote:
East Coast West Coast, love you guys! But.....We need Midwest shows.....I caught four shows last fall, this year nada.

Chicago, St. Louis, Indy...Michigan, Ohio....Let's do it boys! We are eagerly awaiting Furthur.

Not sure if you can make it to Colorado in February, but you can get plane tickets from Midway to Denver for under $200 on Southwest!
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#217944 1 year, 11 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
RafaelO wrote:
East Coast West Coast, love you guys! But.....We need Midwest shows.....I caught four shows last fall, this year nada.

Chicago, St. Louis, Indy...Michigan, Ohio....Let's do it boys! We are eagerly awaiting Furthur.

Yes ! We want more shows in the middle of the map

and you should have them, by all means. But my question is the same question Furthur would ask.....what is the demand for midwest shows?
I still wonder why Furthur has yet to play New Orleans, Austin, Houston, Santa Fe/Albuquerque or Phoenix. I'm not sure they've ever played any of those places.

We have gorgeous historic theaters that fill with tie-dye just like most other non-Cali/NY tour stops.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217994 1 year, 11 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
RafaelO wrote:

Yes ! We want more shows in the middle of the map

and you should have them, by all means. But my question is the same question Furthur would ask.....what is the demand for midwest shows?
I still wonder why Furthur has yet to play New Orleans, Austin, Houston, Santa Fe/Albuquerque or Phoenix. I'm not sure they've ever played any of those places.

We have gorgeous historic theaters that fill with tie-dye just like most other non-Cali/NY tour stops.

Indeed. Love the Fox in St. Louis and Detroit, the Egyptian room in Indy and any number of places I've been to in Chicago.
While we're making wish lists, how about the Ryman auditorium in Nashville?
spazman
Junior Boarder

#218178 1 year, 11 months ago
hey whats wrong with the garden? Do thurs.,fri,Sat. No NHL right now. that would be alot of fun and we alll can get in.I tried pre internet and mail order and ticket master only to end up with a thursday @ the beacon
spazman
Junior Boarder

#218180 1 year, 11 months ago
works for me too ,bro. lol We ll keep that secret.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#218248 1 year, 11 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
I still say split a NY visit in the spring between the Garden and any other venue. Play smaller place during the week, then Garden friday/saturday/sunday, or whatever the schedule allows. I wouldn't even bother with Radio City or the Beacon just because I prefer the Garden. Better in every way other than it's larger than some of you like. The energy is always high and I can't think of a less than stellar show being played there. I think of MSG as sort of the home office of live music. The place draws good performances out of whoever plays there.

That sounds like a good idea to me because with anMSG residency or a an MSG/ Radio City split we stand a far better chance of getting in. The Beacon spring run was a nightmare for us and a dream for scalpers.

Wish I could swing SF and BroomField.
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#218329 1 year, 11 months ago
i got all 8 shows for beacon but for me that wasnt the problem. the security at Beacon were assholes, not letting you dance in isles and shit. like i understand smoking inside but dancing? really?

in my opinion they should play MSG and Radio City or do what the Dead did in 09 and play Nassau and MSG and Izod. since theres no NHL its most likely they will do MSG cause they would make a shit ton more money then if they did beacon

we all will find out within the next 2 weeks
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#218333 1 year, 11 months ago
deadhed4life34 wrote:
i got all 8 shows for beacon but for me that wasnt the problem. the security at Beacon were assholes, not letting you dance in isles and shit. like i understand smoking inside but dancing? really?

in my opinion they should play MSG and Radio City or do what the Dead did in 09 and play Nassau and MSG and Izod. since theres no NHL its most likely they will do MSG cause they would make a shit ton more money then if they did beacon

we all will find out within the next 2 weeks

I'm glad so many had a wonderful experience seeing shows at the Beacon. I did as well, but it sure caused a lot of problems. I'm reminded when walking by there around 3 in the morning and these people were hanging out in a little area cordoned off by barricade. They got first dibs on any tickets that were released, and there was no guarantee they'd get any. I admired their tenacity, but felt bad knowing some, if not all of them, would spend the night outside with no assurance, and possibly no tickets. Between that and the scalping that was rampant I soured on the Beacon. Personally I didn't have any security issues, but then I was wary of doing anything that might get me kicked out by random over zealous staff.

You bring up a good point about Nassau and Izod. I'd go see a show at either place as they're both rich in Grateful Dead history. Again there's the issue of them being too large for some peoples tastes.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds