• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Furthur Spring 2013 Beacon vs. Radio City??

#133454 2 years, 5 months ago
We all know the demand was -- and still is -- tremendous for this Beacon run. Supply is limited though. Scalpers have of course got a boatload of what we need.

Should we urge Furthur if financially feasible to move it to a larger venue such as Radio City?

The Beacon seats about 2800 and Radio City about 6000. The Last RC shows seemed sold out to me.

Likewise, we could urge Furthur if possible to get a larger share of tickets for the Mail Order.

We would have a better shot of getting in at RC. Scalpers will still buy up large amounts but the downside for them is that they can get stuck far worse which would work out better for us.

One last thought: Is it worth lining up at the Beacon Box Office the day of a show for tickets?

I have done that for other bands and scored. I wonder if tickets unsold by scalpers will 'mysteriously' show up at the box office or at TM. Collusion?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Spring 2013 Beacon vs. Radio City??

#133457 2 years, 5 months ago
no doubt about your opening sentences brother.

i would not mind going back to RCMH. i really enjoyed the 2011 shows there and overall the venue worked well. i know some folks had some issues but if we're talking NYC, it's the same all over.

i am not sure if those three sold out? maybe saturday? i don't remember but i was at all 3.

i've never done mail order and don't foresee using it in the future but from reading and talking to folks about it, i'd be all for giving MO more tix.

it can't hurt if you line up early. check TM often. i'd be checking it everyday, twice. some will undoubtedly drop.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#133474 2 years, 5 months ago
Given a choice Between the Two, I would Choose RCMH any day.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#133484 2 years, 5 months ago
i think they were sold out tried to buy a friday ticket and couldnt a friend scored one for me.it maybe that RCMH doesnt want them back or maybe they just want to do the smaller venue longer run who knows its their call not ours .seems they cant get the size right the fall shows werent sold out but the summer shows did well who knows why these things happen school maybe?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#133534 2 years, 5 months ago
the 3 shows did sell out eventually last year, fri/sat fairly quick and there were seats for sunday for a while but it was sold out by a few days before the show. I love that place, the lights and screen there are one of a kind and unique to Radio City. I was hoping they'd do it again this year but the Beacon looks like great place, never been. If they did 8 nights at Radio City I bet they'd still come close to selling them all out if not completely, considering how fast the Beacon tickets went...
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#133538 2 years, 5 months ago
I've been to both places last year and have to agree about the scalping part and Furthur could have easily played 5 nights at RC. Their Sunday show at RC last March was incredible and I would be happy to see them there again. Take Wlewis advice & def get in line early day of shows and you might come away happy. Good luck and see you there
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#133545 2 years, 5 months ago
Radio City is an awesome venue, I was never there before last spring. Definitely can feel the rich history of the place just being there, also went to St Peters cathedral for the first time which is right around the corner. WOW. I am a non practicing catholic, but the aura and the architecture in that place are unbelievable,. If anyone has the time while in New York, go there. The Beacon seems to have a more Furthur-friendly vibe and also an old time new york feel to it.
Also, it seems everywhere in NYC is non-420 friendly these days, non-smoking in general. I think Furthur should NOT play NYC anymore, perhaps 3 in CT, 3 in Philly, etc. The difference between Red Rocks and NYC shows is staggering.
-- smell every flower --
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#133554 2 years, 5 months ago
they cant get 8 nights at radio city like they can at the Beacon. wish there was someway to stop the scalpers
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#133733 2 years, 5 months ago
Do you really think Furthur bases its touring decisions on what fans urge them to do on this forum? Just sayin'
Without love day to day insanity's king
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#133739 2 years, 5 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Do you really think Furthur bases its touring decisions on what fans urge them to do on this forum? Just sayin'

yes I do, absolutely,
-- smell every flower --
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds