• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: The planets have been shining their lovelights...

#133358 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree about getting away from any artificial light sources for the best time exposures. Even the faintest light pollution
will be noticed. DW, I envy you being able to get out west for that experience. Arches Nat'l. park is on my bucket list.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#133363 2 years, 5 months ago
Go as soon as possible! Its like being on Mars except you feel like a spider because everything is sandstone....you can literally climb near vertical faces by running up them, and on your hands and knees unstoppable!!! I've been through it on foot and 4x4, if you do go get some good desert gear and go off the beaten paths onto the primitive trails it can be deadly if your not careful but the rewards are immense. not to mention Indiana jones was filmed there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#133384 2 years, 5 months ago
i will be out there tonight hopefully some nice scenery..

i love arches. we spent a short day trip there on the west coast, alex carved the golden arrow right in, i actually drove it for 1/4 mi and we decided i wouldn't drive it anymore we also did bryce canyon that day, killer scenery.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#133444 2 years, 5 months ago
wow it was awesome, i could see venus and jupiter, right outside my window! i went for a stroll down the ol' trail listened to a great terrapin. very cool sights.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#133451 2 years, 5 months ago
Just got back from a brisk walk myself. Which, thanks to this unseasonable weather, has become a regular thing again.
And even though there is a light cloud cover, they both shone through. It's been a great thing to see them every night.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds