• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

On The Radio

#132567 2 years, 6 months ago
Today I was surprised to hear a Furthur commercial on the airwaves here in SE Michigan. I for 1 hardly EVER listen to the regular radio since I quit my show last spring but was cleaning out my garage and POW, Furthur was mentioned on 93.9 The River which is actually a canadian station that draws from the Detroit market. I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear and am still buzzing that our band: A.) Is Coming here & B.) They are growing so rapidly which is why a LOT of us are currently unhappy about presales....
Has anyone heard any Furthur spots where you live???
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, amusingdeva, FurthurFlower67
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: On The Radio

#132568 2 years, 6 months ago
That's so cool, Bob! I'm going to have to break away from Sirius and see if I can catch one.

Now, if I can just get that password for tomorrow, I'll be all set to try for some more tickets!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#132571 2 years, 6 months ago
(((((((((( Password for Meadowbrook!!))))))))))
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#132572 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
That's so cool, Bob! I'm going to have to break away from Sirius and see if I can catch one.

Now, if I can just get that password for tomorrow, I'll be all set to try for some more tickets!

I'm with Sue, I always have my Sirius on but living in Jersey they always have commercials
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#132574 2 years, 6 months ago
In NYC they usually have really nice furthur ads in the village voice (a newspaper). And they are free!

Pick some up during the beacon run if you'd like

I can't comment on the local radio, but the gd channel mentions the tour every now and then
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#132575 2 years, 6 months ago
Im normally always on Sirius but for whatever reason just happened to have on 93.9.. It was cool and I DONT MISS the crap associated with FM radio. They like most only care about $$$$$ which is why I quit doing my show last spring and that was on HD radio.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#133196 2 years, 6 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
Im normally always on Sirius but for whatever reason just happened to have on 93.9.. It was cool and I DONT MISS the crap associated with FM radio. They like most only care about $$$$$ which is why I quit doing my show last spring and that was on HD radio.

I'm with you there Bob...all FM and HD FM stations are about is MONEY! I went to college for radio broadcasting. I wanted to be a radio DJ my whole life. Well while I was in college I basically learned damn I don't want any part of this. It was all about advertising and who is gonna pay the most. And don't even get me started about the music they play and what they are allowed the play.

I had an opportunity to be on a FM HD channel but I had to find my own advertisting and basically I wouldn't see nearly as much money as I would have liked to by doing that. I turned it down. But St. Louis has an awesome non profit, non commercial, community run radio station. Every two hours is a different show hosted by volunteer dj's who don't get paid for doing it but love doing it beause they are so knowledgable about the other types of music out there the top 40, classic rock, oldies, etc stations don't play. I like to help them out any chance I get. And maybe in the long run get my own show there!

Let's just start up our own station Bob! Let's give the music community what the deserve! Awesome tunes and great information about all the things they need to know about going on in the scene!!! I can see it going far....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#133215 2 years, 6 months ago
^ I dont know how to copy your post.. lol but I am ALL WITH YOU EM! We really should start our own station that informs the listening public about ALL TYPES of Music with GD at the center but not exclusive like Sirius..... Its funny how you wanted to broadcast your whole life, its ALL I ever wanted until I realized at a young age ( many moons ago! ) that its such a shady world of darkness in that biz much the same way ALL the music biz is which is why I sell pizza and go see Furthur. If we could get a sponsor dreams will become reality
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#133235 2 years, 6 months ago
Maybe it because it's the bay area but you hear it a lot here on the radio if there's a show. Usually it's kfog which the band is real familiar with.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#133272 2 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for posting Ryan! Appreciate it and know what station to listen to next go round in the bay area. Have a GREAT time at B&B in a couple weeks.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds