• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Woolly Mammoth Cloned

#133494 2 years, 7 months ago
What if we could use cloning to restore natural bio diversity say pre industrial revolution. Or just clone examples of the 98% of spiecies that are now extinct. I would pay to attend clone zoo. Slope has been slipped per all the example above so what's a little more alter do?

Please state one animal you would clone if givin one ticket to create.....
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Chester
More or less in line

#133512 2 years, 7 months ago
Hard to pick just one. I guess it would be one the more recently extinct bird species, like the Passenger Pigeon, Great Auk, or Dodo.
Much easier to manage than a T.Rex.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#133518 2 years, 7 months ago
Try to feed an army with animal that would probably eat it's weight in people or whatever in one day..... It would be kinda cool to see a live wooly though. With computer enhanced bio-scanning of the cells of extinct creatues, and thus DNA replication, we could someday soon be able to see such things as the Ivory billed Woodpecker and the Passenger Pigeon fly the skies once again... That would be nice.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#133571 2 years, 7 months ago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Cougar

Like this one just kicked it last year, would we do detramential harm by cloning it and reintroducing it to the natural habitat? At least have them in a free range zoo for preservation.

I like the idea of cloning things not sure where I would drwa the line though....kind of fun topic for me to think about.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#133689 2 years, 7 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
What if we could use cloning to restore natural bio diversity say pre industrial revolution. Or just clone examples of the 98% of spiecies that are now extinct. I would pay to attend clone zoo. Slope has been slipped per all the example above so what's a little more alter do?

Please state one animal you would clone if givin one ticket to create.....

Now I am not exactly sure which one I would want to see Re-created, However I do know that I want the patent on the cutest and most cuddly, Aswell as the species with the best Marbling of the large Cutts.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Chester
More or less in line

#133694 2 years, 7 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Cougar

Like this one just kicked it last year, would we do detramential harm by cloning it and reintroducing it to the natural habitat? At least have them in a free range zoo for preservation.

I like the idea of cloning things not sure where I would drwa the line though....kind of fun topic for me to think about.

I would be much more amenable to the idea of cloning, to save species that are on the verge of extinction. Or are recently extinct.
Rather than bringing back some ancient animal, that has been extinct for thousands, (or more) years.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds