• Topics not covered in other forums.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: Woolly Mammoth Cloned

#133326 2 years, 6 months ago
Chester wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
We sould have a cloned zoo, can we clone dinosurs yet?

Seems like it wont be long. But the question is, to what purpose? Is this for science, or entertainment?

Neither! The Answer? Nutritional!

Just think of how much meat, a fairly well fed, adult Iguanacolossus, Could quite possibly provide! not to mention the inevitable Niche markets that will doubtlessly spring from these break through; Rex Burgers, Inosaurus Sausage Gravy, Labocania Tart, nambalia Quiche

This, People, Is the Wave for which we've been floating around all-day waiting, The one our Economy shall ride out of its current state of recession into the new Country of Prosperity, Woopie, Excelsior!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#133330 2 years, 6 months ago
dept. wrote:
Dire Wolf wrote:
It is both which is far worse....perversions of the natural order without knowledge of consequences is a slippery slope and screwing with the millions of years of evolution contained in dna is frightening. If people can does it mean they should?

YES !!! people should do it.

Best way to learn is by trial and error + experience - sure humans are always going to make mistakes and mess the world up, but that is part of the learning process we have to go thru in order to evolve to a higher order.

How do you know that human interaction with what you call the "natural order" is not part of the evolution process ?

What is a "perversion of the natural order" ? who's to judge that within a million year spectrum ?

Humans are animals and part of the natural order of this planet - we are not separate from nature or natural order.

I see no difference between "man- made" and nature.

everything can be reduced to chemicals, atoms, and energies, so who is to say that in the long run there is a difference ?

Don't be afraid ! Screwing with millions of years of evolution contained in DNA may be no different than how the DNA got there in the first place, maybe that is how DNA got there in the first place, by screwing with the evolutionary process.
There are some things we will never know and that's okay. i prefer mysteries over answers anyways.

this is some of the stupidest shit i've ever read...
Chester
More or less in line

#133340 2 years, 6 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
Chester wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
We sould have a cloned zoo, can we clone dinosurs yet?

Seems like it wont be long. But the question is, to what purpose? Is this for science, or entertainment?

Neither! The Answer? Nutritional!

Just think of how much meat, a fairly well fed, adult Iguanacolossus, Could quite possibly provide! not to mention the inevitable Niche markets that will doubtlessly spring from these break through; Rex Burgers, Inosaurus Sausage Gravy, Labocania Tart, nambalia Quiche

This, People, Is the Wave for which we've been floating around all-day waiting, The one our Economy shall ride out of its current state of recession into the new Country of Prosperity, Woopie, Excelsior!

Ah yes. I failed to see the benefit. A full grown woolly Mammoth could feed an army.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#133341 2 years, 6 months ago
if everything can be reduced to atoms let's go start using DDT, CFC's, creating more biological/chemical weapons and nuclear bombs. Then we can go hydrofracking and driving huge SUV's with one occupant. Then we can go back to burning lots of coal to keep the planet going strong and continue regulating water drainage by international law so we monopolize the western aquifers before they get to Mexico....then we can fill our new buildings with Asbestos and lead..but make sure you leave enough time...to go about and give everybody lot's of crack so they ruin their families and chances at success by spending their money on a debilitating addiction...it's the natural order right...its all natural...I mean the student has to overthrow the teacher at one point right? I have to ask dept. what kinda of education have you had and where did you go to school?! If you really believe all that and I am sure you are not the only one, its not surprise to me why the Earth is fucked and so are we! ps. do you work fox news?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#133356 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
if everything can be reduced to atoms let's go start using DDT, CFC's, creating more biological/chemical weapons and nuclear bombs. Then we can go hydrofracking and driving huge SUV's with one occupant. Then we can go back to burning lots of coal to keep the planet going strong and continue regulating water drainage by international law so we monopolize the western aquifers before they get to Mexico....then we can fill our new buildings with Asbestos and lead..but make sure you leave enough time...to go about and give everybody lot's of crack so they ruin their families and chances at success by spending their money on a debilitating addiction...it's the natural order right...its all natural...I mean the student has to overthrow the teacher at one point right? I have to ask dept. what kinda of education have you had and where did you go to school?! If you really believe all that and I am sure you are not the only one, its not surprise to me why the Earth is fucked and so are we! ps. do you work fox news?

Wait a minute?! You mean I'm supposed to not have been doing these things? I really need to re-evaluate myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#133371 2 years, 6 months ago
i think dept brings up a good point...

"Screwing with millions of years of evolution contained in DNA may be no different than how the DNA got there in the first place, maybe that is how DNA got there in the first place, by screwing with the evolutionary process.
There are some things we will never know..."
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#133397 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think dept brings up a good point...

"Screwing with millions of years of evolution contained in DNA may be no different than how the DNA got there in the first place, maybe that is how DNA got there in the first place, by screwing with the evolutionary process.
There are some things we will never know..."

honestly i got nothing for you guys...anthropocentric much? that's pretty whack... if you think this is a good point you should go read more about biology and evolutionary theory/philosophy check out some light reading on a few of the topics. not to mention the Gaia hypothesis

Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
Symbiotic Planet: A New Look at Evolution by Lynn Margulis
Acquiring Genomes: A Theory of the Origin of Species by Lynn Margulis
Origin of Eukaryotic Cells by Lynn Margulis
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#133428 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm a biologist and know who bad we're screwing up the Earth, but I'll be the first in line to go on a hairy wooly mammoth ride.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#133448 2 years, 6 months ago
dire wolf, i'm merely stating he brought up a good point. you can fill up on all the science, facts, and whatever you want, but in the end, you don't really know anything. we desperately try to make sense of things but there is great unknown out there.

didn't they make you take a philosophy course along the way?

i'm not agreeing with any side i think dept is thinking outside the box, and i'm all for listening to whatever viewpoint someone is willing to throw out there. i'm not looking to debate maybe he is. and it's incredibly rude to say that what he wrote is "some of the stupidest"...just because your worldview may not agree doesn't mean it's stupid.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#133458 2 years, 6 months ago
let 'em loose
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds