• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Re: Stole this from Philzone

#13739 3 years, 4 months ago
Charlie Sheen wrote:
hey Nagan, would you join Furthur if they asked and would they be a better band if you were in it ?

hahahahahah I wanted to post somethin like that but kinda held back.
prayer
Fresh Boarder

#13743 3 years, 4 months ago
well they (Phil and Bobby) hold copyright to perform these songs with whoever they want as their band.

I learned that in a business of music class
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13778 3 years, 4 months ago
>>hey Nagan, would you join Furthur if they asked and would they be a better band if you were in it ?

I don't know - I have other obligations. I would try to make it work if asked and I would hope that my playing with them would enhance the music.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13780 3 years, 4 months ago
>>well they (Phil and Bobby) hold copyright to perform these songs with whoever they want as their band.

Anyone can perform the songs. Venue has to pay performance rights fees. Even when Furthur plays them.

By the way, Phil and Bobby only hold copyright to the songs that they wrote.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#13854 3 years, 4 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
>>hey Nagan, would you join Furthur if they asked and would they be a better band if you were in it ?

I don't know - I have other obligations. I would try to make it work if asked and I would hope that my playing with them would enhance the music.

furthur could use a good world beat type percussionist
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#13873 3 years, 4 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:

ROFL "other obligations"...a guy who plays to 30 people in his own band is to BIG for furthur.... seriously a 3 yr old can shake Maraccas............
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13885 3 years, 4 months ago
>>ROFL "other obligations"...a guy who plays to 30 people in his own band is to BIG for furthur

Actually the main other obligation is the business that I own and run. Pays my bills and the bills of my employees who would be out of work if I were not here. That is why I am not on the road with P-Funk as much as I would like. I have been trying for years to find someone that can do most of my job while I go out on tour. I never said I was too big for Furthur - just that there are a lot of variables. For instance, riding the bus on tour for weeks at a time is hard on the body and mind. Do I want to subject myself to that again. I did it for 5 years with P-Funk and spent 3 years flying back and forth to Denver 3 out of 4 weekends playing with U.S. Pipe and the Balls Johnson Dance Machine. Wears you out. Then, if I WAS able to take that amount of time off from work and I was offered the gig with Furthur and their tour conflicted with a P-Funk tour I would have to choose between the two. That would be a real hard choice to make as I love the music of both bands equally and P-Funk is family. Be nice to have to make the decision though. Be nice to sit in with them for a show or two. And I would rather play to 30 people in my band than play to 50,000 with someone who's music I do not feel, such as Britney Spears. The number of people you play in front of is not important, the music you play is, even if no one is there. I have played for thousands. Played in front of 75,000 in Geneva a few years back.

>>.... seriously a 3 yr old can shake Maraccas............

And a 3 year old can strum a guitar, pluck a bass, bang on a piano too but can they do it well. I very rarely play maracas anyway. Mostly caxixi and egg shakers. Some guiro. Some moroccan bongos. Congas. Djembe. Depends on the gig and venue. I have played with some greatest musicians in the world including DSO, Bernie Worrell, Badal Roy, Sikiru, Muruga and many others. I also play guitar and sing with my trio with two of the finest horn players in jazz Perry Robinson and Mark Whitecage. And let us not forget P-Funk.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Shakin Nagan.
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds