• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

Re: Stole this from Philzone

#13233 3 years, 3 months ago
Side project and spin-off are two different things. Side project is something you do on the off days, like Hot Tuna was originally. Don't know exactly what a spin-off band would be. Seems that they probably should be putting out new material, as P&F and Ratdog did. Shit, Furthur is a Ratdog spin-off band, got two members of Ratdog in it.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13234 3 years, 3 months ago
>>And, I'm tellin ya dude. when did you see Furthur live?

Saw them at Nateva. Went to sleep in the dressing room during the second set. Hopefully, our paths will cross and I get to see them again. I would love for them to change my opinion of them.
Lynx
Visitor

#13235 3 years, 3 months ago
"I play with a GD tribute band"

Hey shakin what's shakin'? (sorry...cheesy I know, just had to say it)

Your band sounds interesting. I you-tubed the name but didn't find anything right away. Is there anyplace on the web that we could go to hear some of your band's stuff? Not trying to start trouble...I just like hearing new takes on the music. Plus it's free publicity!
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#13239 3 years, 3 months ago
Well, isn't Furthur putting out new music? I think they are!!!! And I never thought about Furhtur beign a spinoff of Ratdog, which was a spinoff of the Dead. So Furthur's a second generation spin off? HAHA

Nateva..... Im gunna go check out that Furthur show, and see if it was infact a lack luster one... But remember, man, the magic typically happens in the second set. So, you probbaly slept through the best part of the show!
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13240 3 years, 3 months ago
>>Hey shakin what's shakin'? (sorry...cheesy I know, just had to say it)

I hear it all the time. Like it.

I don't know if Star '69 has anything on the internet. I will check. If you want to hear a completely different take on the music listen to my trio Who Knows? Me on guitar and vocals, Perry Robinson of clarinet and Mark Whitecage on Alto Sax.

We REALLY take the music further.

If you'd like, send me your email and I will send you the last show we did.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13241 3 years, 3 months ago
Heard half of the set and decided to get some sleep.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#13243 3 years, 3 months ago
www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-07-04.akg481

This is the show, right? Setlist looks smoking. Reading the reviews, sounds like it was an 'alright' show with various highlights, but not the best of the tour at all.... And I'll say it again, last summer was their worst tour by far. THink they wore themselves out. So geeked for this years summer tour! Spring was insnae, and I really think they're gunna bring it!

Just at the Samson and Deliah... This BORED you? This???? Just listen to Jeff C own those keys!!! Ah, this is such a joy revisting last summers tour!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Deadhead4Obama.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13249 3 years, 3 months ago
I hope that they do and that you have a great time. My days of following bands around to see their shows are done with, ended in 2003 with the fall P&F tour. Started playing with P-Funk right after that and now touring is from the other side of the stage.

See, this is the kind of discourse I was hoping for. Thank you.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#13251 3 years, 3 months ago
Oh, I wish I could go on tour! I'm a couch tour enthusiast!!!! Wish I woulda caught yins when P Funk played Stage AE in Dec, right? Howd youd like that venue????
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13262 3 years, 3 months ago
Wasn't at that show. I had a show with my band, Who Knows? the next day in Baltimore at the 8 x 10 and had to drive the band that day from NYC.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#13264 3 years, 3 months ago
Darn! I've been to Stage AE once so far and loved it! Twas hoping to get a opinion from the OTHER side of the stage!! Now that just means yins need to come back and play again!
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#13297 3 years, 3 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
BUT... IMO... I do think of Old in the Way as a 'side project.

Whether correctly or not, this so-called "side project" is often considered a baseline for a very large segment of bluegrass fans who aren't too old or aren't too young. For all we know Jerry may have very well have gravitated in this direction much more over the past 15 years if he were still around.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds