• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil & F at Crossroads 3.8 & 3.9 & 3.10 & 3.11 vid

#132296 2 years, 6 months ago
Aw shucks, quit making me blush. I had got the impression Saturday was not too crowded, either, and I thought it would be a shame not to try again if we could just walk in. I had a feeling Bobby might be there on Sunday, but I guess a lot of other people did, too. It's all good, we got to stroll around outside and look at the boats again and watch Venus and Jupiter get closer to each other.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Daisy Mae.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#132300 2 years, 6 months ago

The Weight

The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132307 2 years, 6 months ago
^^^ always a fave i remember when the GD started breaking this out we went freaking nutz everybody singing a part ohh mama now i got to look for a version on archive
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132311 2 years, 6 months ago
man even at such an intimate venue some jackass/drunk girl wont stop talking what the hell?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#132452 2 years, 6 months ago

Loose Lucy and Dear Mr. Fantasy w/weir and RRE

The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#132462 2 years, 6 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
And we could have docked a boat there if we'd had one.

I would so love to bring our sailboat down and dock it at Terrapin Crossroads - how cool would that be? Maybe if there are shows around the time of the 2013 America's Cup in SF. Oh and the boat is named Friday at 4:20.

I think I am going to have to paint a toy boat all psychedelic and tie it up at the dock...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#132470 2 years, 6 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
Aw shucks, quit making me blush. I had got the impression Saturday was not too crowded, either, and I thought it would be a shame not to try again if we could just walk in. I had a feeling Bobby might be there on Sunday, but I guess a lot of other people did, too. It's all good, we got to stroll around outside and look at the boats again and watch Venus and Jupiter get closer to each other.

I'll bet it was more crowded Sunday due to the influx of RRE Earth Hobos - RRE played Fri & Sat at the Filmore (and Phil joined them late Saturday I hear).

REALLY looking forward to the shows this weekend and to checking out the Grate Room.
Thanks for the fun review Daisy Mae!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#132474 2 years, 6 months ago
RRE with Phil Saturday night at the Filmore. Does Phil ever stop???

Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#132547 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:

I think I am going to have to paint a toy boat all psychedelic and tie it up at the dock...

Oh, that's a good idea. That would be real cute. That might start a trend. Miniature art boats. Wow.

I also was thinking that this venue could see a lot of use during the America's Cup activities. For the last 3 or 4 years I have been doing a lot of reading about SF history, and in particular city life of which sailing and waterfront activity were a big part. So much has changed, water traffic wise, in the Bay, even over the past 15 years. If you had told anybody in SF a hundred years ago that the only boats they would be seeing on the bay would be small and large pleasure craft they would have said you were crazy. Outside of the ferries and the occasional container ship heading for the East Bay there is no commercial boat traffic going on. The Navy doesn't even come to town anymore. Regatta week on the Bay is breath taking. Such a beautiful sight. I was very happy to hear about the America's Cup plans so that focus can be brought on SF's waterfront. The Giants ballpark is also located on the water and there is a small boat marina there, too.

There is a small museum at Aquatic Park at the Hyde St. Pier that has some awesome ships models. There are also ship models displayed in some of the lobbies in the financial district. San Francisco has a rich sense of it's own history, it being such a dynamic and interesting place, and there is a real fear amongst historians that if we don't use it we'll lose it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds