• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil & F at Crossroads 3.8.12 vids

#132211 2 years, 6 months ago
bump, everybody should be checking this stuff out.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil & F at Crossroads 3.8 & 3.9 & 3.10 & 3.11 vid

#132238 2 years, 6 months ago
So, early Friday evening we pull our boat into the docking slip at Terrapin Crossroads. We go wait in line for a little more than an hour and then Phil comes out and shakes hands welcoming us to his place. We go inside to a beautifully laid out restaurant . We order a lovely dinner and beer and get treated to live music from Phil and his family and friends. The feeling is wonderful and friendly; we are standing 4 feet from the band for part of the show.

Just kidding.

We don't really have a boat.

The rest is true.

And we could have docked a boat there if we'd had one.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, amusingdeva, Strider1
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#132244 2 years, 6 months ago
^^^Too funny!! Sounds like an incredible time, even sans boat!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#132247 2 years, 6 months ago
sue i love the fact you just used "sans" in context

daisy mae---that sounds amazing, glad to hear you had such a great time...10 days for me!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132266 2 years, 6 months ago
what i like is hes doing all these shows for free,all those mooks bitching about how much hes charging for tickets for these shows at terrapin can have a big ol slice of humble pie and a big ol glass of STFU . GO PHIL you da man
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
chuman
Junior Boarder

#132269 2 years, 6 months ago
If there was going to be a stream of tonights gig ....where would it be posted on here? O.O
Chester
More or less in line

#132271 2 years, 6 months ago
chuman wrote:
If there was going to be a stream of tonights gig ....where would it be posted on here? O.O

Something like that, would be posted right here, in the main section. But I honestly don't think the chances are good.
Not that I wouldn't love it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#132281 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you! I couldn't resist. It was the fact that you could arrive by boat that set me off (or rather, finished me off, in a good way) That would be some class, arriving by boat. What a wonderful thing it all is! So beautiful, inside and out! So many good points about the venue I don't know if I can list them all.

Naturally we have all been following Phil's odyssey in finding a venue for his vision and it seemed particularly fitting that he ended up at the old Seafood Peddler restaurant, with it's beloved fishing-boat sign that has been a landmark along the highway there for many many years. To me Phil is at the Sign of the Old Wooden Fishing Boat; I've been looking at it for 24 years now; I love that sign so much, of course that's where his new place is.

It has a nice but smallish parking lot and a small park on the side and it abuts a small canal that is used by the locals to store their little yachts that they take out on the bay. It's not too much to say that it's super nice, with great views all around.

The inside is really beautiful, with a wood burning oven (and an area for the flatbread line chefs to do their stuff right in front of you) and bar on the right and a small alcove fitted up as a lounge on the left, with a variety of tables from booths to long table, family style seating and intimate bistro tables for couples. It's really nice.

If you walk past the bar you can go outside to a patio area that faces the canal. Really really nice.

We bought a nice dinner and had some very reasonably priced beers, and then settled in to enjoy the music. I can't express but you can probably all guess how special it was to be part of this. It was a last minute decision on our part to go down Friday after reading about it here. I tried not to get too excited on the way down cause I didn't know what to expect crowd wise, but the line was surprisingly short on Friday, and nobody was turned away at the door that night. Unfortunately for us this lulled us into a false sense of security and when we went back on Sunday we got there too late and the place was full and still a line outside, so we didn't go in. Maybe if we had stuck around we could have gone in later, but I had to be at work early today. I am very grateful I got in one night, and I kind of wanted other people to get a chance to go in because it is a restaurant, after all, so I didn't want to push it for the other two nights, but I do regret not getting there sooner so we could go in. They had to be pretty strict about occupancy numbers. People were real mellow about getting in or not getting in. It was a special and low key scene.

All restaurants have to do a soft opening to get the kinks out and Phil and the other musicians were sure sweetening the pot by giving so generously of their time.

The music was absolutely fabulous! What a treat to see Tim and Nicki Bluhm with Phil and Grahame and the others; all top notch musicians. Everybody who is coming to these up coming shows is sure to have a great time. It's beautiful!

And I got to shake Phil's hand! He looked so happy as he welcomed everybody to his place. What a guy!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Daisy Mae.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis, MushroomMan, amusingdeva
Chester
More or less in line

#132283 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you for the review. You are very fortunate to be able to take advantage of the special occasion. I am envious.
And I think taking a boat there is an amazing idea! I really hope I can make it out there someday.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132289 2 years, 6 months ago
"I am very grateful I got in one night, and I kind of wanted other people to get a chance to go in because it is a restaurant, after all, so I didn't want to push it for the other two nights, . They had to be pretty strict about occupancy numbers. People were real mellow about getting in or not getting in. It was a special and low key scene." thats very cool of you i appluad your behavior it shows a ton of class
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds