• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

Re: Melvyn Seals JGB

#133913 2 years, 7 months ago
kamloops rainbow wrote:
I can't believe one person pays to see The Jerry Garcia Band.......Jerry is dead.....beat his corpse much, no just because Melvin played in the real JGB his band is not The Jerry Garcia Band. Call it ANYTHING else without Jerry's name in it and I would maybe pay to go. I hear they are decent at best. My music jones was filled by the real Jerry enough that I can't stand any of the FAKE Jerrys not one and JK is the worst of them all. At least the others are LEAD guitar players not weeenee boys. You know LEAD GUITAR like Warren, Larry, Hate to say it TREY, Sco, Casal,Young,Gilmore, Claplton, Any real player with their OWN PERSONALITY and INTERPRETATION of the music not one that paints other peoples art with other peoples brushes. You know a leader not a figure that throws in Jerry's licks every now and then to a cheer from those who are so easily fooled.
JK had his own band and the DSO thing started as a side projects for a bunch of those who were in bands but had a love of Dead music. It grew into what it was because they wanted to learn the various material, and since they did it so well, they became popular. JK isn't a FAKE Jerry, but he can play with Jerry-esque style that helps us hear the music the way we like it. JK has his own style, and I believe with more freedom he has been getting more recently, you'll see he can do a good job on lead. There are a few leads that sounded good with the boys, but IMO, Warren was not fitting. I'd take JK over Warren almost any day.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#134594 2 years, 7 months ago
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#134932 2 years, 7 months ago
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds