• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

Re: Melvyn Seals JGB

#131924 2 years, 6 months ago
Glad to hear it. I was going there in 2000,maybe even before that. I would go to a bunch of festivals they were part of. Magnolia Fest,Dance with the moon, many different bars they would play. I liked them. i became friends with a guy who was friends with them. The Wharf isn't there anymore?
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#131938 2 years, 6 months ago
was sooo fun we went to sundays show too it was great !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#131946 2 years, 6 months ago
Warlock wrote:
Glad to hear it. I was going there in 2000,maybe even before that. I would go to a bunch of festivals they were part of. Magnolia Fest,Dance with the moon, many different bars they would play. I liked them. i became friends with a guy who was friends with them. The Wharf isn't there anymore?

I moved to South Florida in Oct 1999 and started seeing them right away, then was asked to become a guest member for some of their gigs. If you ever saw the acoustic version that played at the Thirsty Turtle in Juno during 2000-2002 you saw me playing with them, I did that gig for about two years. I also was playing every week with them during the first part of 2000 at Ray's Downtown in West Palm Beach and The Surf Cafe in Boca.

I also went to many Mag Fests and the Dance With the Moon Fests. The Wharf was closed and torn down in around 2007. Bummer.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#131950 2 years, 6 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Warlock wrote:

I moved to South Florida in Oct 1999 and started seeing them right away, then was asked to become a guest member for some of their gigs. If you ever saw the acoustic version that played at the Thirsty Turtle in Juno during 2000-2002 you saw me playing with them, I did that gig for about two years. I also was playing every week with them during the first part of 2000 at Ray's Downtown in West Palm Beach and The Surf Cafe in Boca.

I also went to many Mag Fests and the Dance With the Moon Fests. The Wharf was closed and torn down in around 2007. Bummer.

i lived in Miami, most of those places were a little too far. I may have been to the Surf, that name sounds familiar
kamloops rainbow
Junior Boarder

#132160 2 years, 6 months ago
I can't believe one person pays to see The Jerry Garcia Band.......Jerry is dead.....beat his corpse much, no just because Melvin played in the real JGB his band is not The Jerry Garcia Band. Call it ANYTHING else without Jerry's name in it and I would maybe pay to go. I hear they are decent at best. My music jones was filled by the real Jerry enough that I can't stand any of the FAKE Jerrys not one and JK is the worst of them all. At least the others are LEAD guitar players not weeenee boys. You know LEAD GUITAR like Warren, Larry, Hate to say it TREY, Sco, Casal,Young,Gilmore, Claplton, Any real player with their OWN PERSONALITY and INTERPRETATION of the music not one that paints other peoples art with other peoples brushes. You know a leader not a figure that throws in Jerry's licks every now and then to a cheer from those who are so easily fooled.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#132220 2 years, 6 months ago
^^^^sombody piss in your soup? whats with all the anger?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#132378 2 years, 6 months ago
kamloops rainbow wrote:
I can't believe one person pays to see The Jerry Garcia Band.......Jerry is dead.....beat his corpse much, no just because Melvin played in the real JGB his band is not The Jerry Garcia Band. Call it ANYTHING else without Jerry's name in it and I would maybe pay to go. I hear they are decent at best. My music jones was filled by the real Jerry enough that I can't stand any of the FAKE Jerrys not one and JK is the worst of them all. At least the others are LEAD guitar players not weeenee boys. You know LEAD GUITAR like Warren, Larry, Hate to say it TREY, Sco, Casal,Young,Gilmore, Claplton, Any real player with their OWN PERSONALITY and INTERPRETATION of the music not one that paints other peoples art with other peoples brushes. You know a leader not a figure that throws in Jerry's licks every now and then to a cheer from those who are so easily fooled.

AN ARTIST'S CONCEPT
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
--HERBERT SPENCER

I'm not judging, just sayin'
Without love day to day insanity's king
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#132383 2 years, 6 months ago
Well their name is JGB not Jerry Garcia Band. Get it? Also if you think John sounds like he is trying to be Jerry then you need your ears checked out. I actually think he sounds more like Trey than Jerry most of the time.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Melvin Seals JGB

#133597 2 years, 6 months ago
From The Blockley in Philly

Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Melvin Seals JGB

#133598 2 years, 6 months ago
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds