• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Bob Weir and members of The National on March 24th

#130384 2 years, 4 months ago
FROM TRI EMAIL
We are also having a FREE live webcast featuring Bob Weir and members of The National on March 24th at 6pm PT/ 9pm ET.
The event is produced by HeadCount, a non-profit organization that promotes voter registration and democratic participation. Weir serves on the organization's Board of Directors.

We're auctioning off a few tickets to get to come here to the studio to see the performance live! Click here to place a bid.

You can also enter to win a pair for FREE via HeadCount! Click here to enter.

_________________________________________________________________________________

And make sure to check out our new online store, where you can purchase exclusive TRI merchandise! Click the "merchandise" link on our homepage, or click here to visit our online store.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,
TRI Studios

Click here to bid on: A Private Performance With Bob Weir & Members of The National Plus Signed Poster & A Chance To Meet The Artists at Sweetwaters. Current bid = $1,000 (For charity). www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/294366

or click here to sign up for headcount and enter for a chance for a couple of free tickets www.facebook.com/HeadCountOrg?sk=app_216154321816096 (facebook account not required - horray)

Oh, and that first link had a kind picture of Bobby there for the ladies.....I just can't attach pics no more, so you'll have to click through (or someone else might put up the pic?). But it's the bearded version, showing off his legs <<Barf>>
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Bob Weir and members of The National on March 24th

#135547 2 years, 4 months ago

Just out
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Terrapin Sedation, 23atwell
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#135975 2 years, 4 months ago
bump - only 2 days away, sounds like its going to be interesting

and maybe when it's done there will be a bit of a Phil & Friends webcast left to watch
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#135990 2 years, 4 months ago
I did not understand this was a get out the vote thing until looking at that.

It reminded me of Hunter S. Thompson's quote that "if every deadhead had voted in 2000 we'd have a different country today."

Oh how true it was then. And it still holds true.

Here is a link to the quote, which I didn't know was from a letter written a year before HST death in 2004 to Hugh Hefner congratulating him on the 50th anniversary of (I just get it for the articles) Playboy.

Cut and paste it if you want. Won't post with full address

playboy.com/magazine/fear-and-justice-in-the-kingdom-of-sex

Here's part of the letter which puts the quote in some sort of context.

"Remembering Nixon now is like remembering the Age of Aquarius—free love and tie-dyed T-shirts. Ho ho. No more of that bullshit. Things are different, things have changed. We live in a new millennium.

Yes, sir. Hot damn! It’s about time we woke up and got rid of that crude, old-timey Corruption that has ruined our lives and caused our children’s brains to rot.

This is the worst political nightmare to erupt in this country that I have ever seen. If every Deadhead had voted for president in 2000, we would have a different country today. Maybe better, maybe worse, but definitely not the inconceivable disaster we have now. No money, no highways, no railroads, no airlines, no schools, no bridges and no hope for anything better. That is the No-Fun Club.

Go down with the ship, sucker. You are now a dues-paying member of the No-Fun Club, and your life is getting worse every day. Hell, if I were 22 years old in this country today I’d be wearing earphones too. No news is good news.

But wait! Don’t touch that dial. I have incredibly good news for You: This is your lucky day, numb-nuts, because there is a plan that will jerk You out of that horrible rut that you were plunged into by whores you can never know.

The only way out of the No-Fun Club is to have some serious fun. Go wild on a binge of some kind. Kick out the jams like a crazy animal. Get those shit-eating cobwebs out of your brain. Kick the shit out of people who are getting in your way. Whoop it up.

From my own experience, I’d have to say that the most fun I ever had with my clothes on was kicking Nixon out of the White House. The point is that running a criminal swine like George W. Bush out of Washington would be an adult dose of Fun.

I am a famously Patriotic American writer, and I am personally embarrassed by the fascist behavioral sink that these shit-eating greedheads from Texas have deliberately plunged us into. Those pigs deserve to be boiled in their own oil.

Whoops! What am I saying? Sorry. That outburst came out of nowhere. It just sort of popped out of me. Let’s get back to Richard Nixon and all the evil eggs he laid in the White House: Rumsfeld… Cheney… Kissinger… Schlesinger… Admiral Poindexter. They were all in Nixon’s inner circle. And then Reagan’s. And then Old Man Bush’s. And ye gods!… Now they are the closest advisors to Bush Junior. How long, O Lord, how long?"

They and their descendants are still lurking friends.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds