• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Where Will Peyton Go Game

#130936 2 years, 6 months ago
I wish Mr. Namath would either lay off the booze or STFU. I want Peyton. Even if he's a big brother for Sanchez for a couple of years. But nooooo

Exclusive: Namath says no to Peyton, wants Sanchez
KRISTIAN DYER
08 March 2012 03:58

www.metro.us/ArticlePrint/1119474?language=en

Joe Namath, left, wants the Jets to stick with Mark Sanchez.

The Jets appear to be going after former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. But that wouldn’t be the case if the franchise’s most famous player at that position had a choice.

Joe Namath, legendary winner of Super Bowl III, wants the team to stick with the guy who was compared to Broadway Joe when he was drafted.

“These guys — the Jets — thought Sanchez was a championship quarterback. Has that suddenly changed now?” Namath told Metro New York. “I haven’t heard that. Let them come out and say it. I haven’t heard that and I don’t think they should.”

Namath can’t understand how a team that traded up to take Sanchez in the 2009 NFL Draft can now suddenly consider bringing in another quarterback, even a perennial Pro Bowl player such as Manning.

“Mark’s going to be around awhile. His demeanor was angry last year with all the things going on behind the scenes. His feelings were clearly hurt,” Namath said. “I hope they work through all that because I’m rooting for him. But I don’t see Peyton coming to the Jets.

Despite Sanchez posting career highs in touchdowns, yardage and completion percentage this past year, he also was sacked a career-high 39 times and his 18 interceptions were more than his second year in the league. All too often Sanchez became the scapegoat for the offensive’s struggles as he suffered from inadequate pass protection and a ground game that was sporadic at best.

Over the past 24 hours, as the speculation about Manning joining the Jets has crested, reports have surfaced about several unnamed Jets players being quoted as welcoming the former Colts quarterback to the team. This despite the fact that Sanchez has shown gradual improvement and boasts an impressive 4-2 record in the postseason. Namath looks at the total record of the young quarterback and thinks it is time to start treating Sanchez more like a veteran.

Namath has grown tired of hearing Sanchez’s teammates bash him anonymously in the papers.

“Sanchez is a grown man now; he’s not a boy. He’s played his first few years and I know myself, I’d be tired of being called ‘kid’ or ‘rookie’ or whatever,” Namath said.

“Hell, he deserved more respect then he got last year. Let me rephrase that — he deserved more respect from his teammates than he got. There was some bad vibes between him and his receivers, but Mark handled it like a true soldier. You could see though that he was emotionally hurt, but he deserves better than all that.”

Follow Jets beat writer Kristian Dyer on Twitter @KristianRDyer.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#130940 2 years, 6 months ago
^ Not "Suhprised" by that Scarlet! lol..... Elway WILL get Peyton if he really wants him there. Mr. Tebow was a nice story but NFL is ALL about mass quantities of $$$ and as warm as the Tebow story was, Manning will give them instant Super Bowl cred plus sell more jersey's and tickets. I'm glad The Lions are "Suhper" set with Stafford
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#130960 2 years, 6 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Too funny, my bad on the name.

I googled him, this is what pops up.. My kind of guy....

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh cited for speeding, other driving violations in hometown Portland, Ore.

By Associated Press, Updated: Friday, March 9, 1:35 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. — Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was pulled over Thursday afternoon and ticketed for speeding.

Police Lt. Robert King says Suh also was cited in his hometown of Portland, Ore., for improperly signaling and not carrying proo

King says Suh was driving a BMW 91 mph in a 55 mph zone. The combined fine for the three offenses is $955.

In December, Suh lost control of a car and crashed into a drinking fountain and tree in Portland. He cooperated with the investigation and no tickets were issued.

He also likes to stomp on offensive lineman and try to rip quarterbacks heads off their shoulders. God I wish he was a Bill. Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, rockinbob
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130965 2 years, 6 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
^ Not "Suhprised" by that Scarlet! lol..... Elway WILL get Peyton if he really wants him there. Mr. Tebow was a nice story but NFL is ALL about mass quantities of $$$ and as warm as the Tebow story was, Manning will give them instant Super Bowl cred plus sell more jersey's and tickets. I'm glad The Lions are "Suhper" set with Stafford

I forgot about royalty payments on jerseys. Wow, that could be a big number. Everyone will want a Peyton Jersey. Then again, Peyton will be paid a huge amount where ever he ends up.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#131147 2 years, 6 months ago
You guys c'mon now Tebow sold more jerseys than anyone in the NFL last year. It's gonna be either Denver, AZ or Miami. I know I said earlier that I would scream if we got Manning (and I will still scream if they just simply dump Tebow) but after a lot of thinking and discussing with friends Manning would look pretty good in Orange and Blue. Like one friend said, "It's Peyton Fucking Manning"!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#131170 2 years, 6 months ago
for the record i really could not care any less what happens but let's stop being so naive folks. buffalo is the obvious choice. why wouldn't he join an all star club like the buffalo bills? with a track record like theirs, you can't go wrong!

in reality, i don't think i'd ever try to gobble up peyton manning. he suffered a neck injury and underwent multiple surgeries to get back to where he is now, and is that even 100%?? one hit the wrong way (ok that could go for anyone anytime, but peyton especially), game over. he's more a liability. i understand he wants to play football but maybe he should just hang it up, get into the coaching/broadcasting scene or something. pretty crazy for even getting back on the field if you ask me.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#132828 2 years, 6 months ago
Looks like he has narrowed it down to the Titans or Broncos.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#132832 2 years, 6 months ago
Island Head wrote:

Oh please, please, please let it be Denver, just to tick off Tim and his minions!!!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#132833 2 years, 6 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Island Head wrote:

Oh please, please, please let it be Denver, just to tick off Tim and his minions!!!!!

I think the Broncos have done a pretty good job ticking him (and the minions) off as it is.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#132834 2 years, 6 months ago
Please not Denver. Oakland has a hard enough time in there division!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds