• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Where Will Peyton Go Game

#130325 2 years, 4 months ago
kevin wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i cant believe hes leaving Indy maybe they give himmore money and he stays i think the fan backlash is going to be huge always figured hed stay there for life like john elway and the broncos ,soory cant picture him anywhere else but indy isay they work it out and he stays,like sue said i believe he should retire be a consultant or coach or trainer or something

bottom line for indy - peyton put asses in seats, also I think something like 80% of team jerseys sold were # 18
HUGE mistake- they should have kept him 1 more year, he could at least tutor his successor and the fans wouldnt be so shocked to see jim go, he goes to a dome team or somewhere warm, he has played either in the south or a home dome his entire life, no NYJets, I say AZ given the talent level, possibly Minnesota or Tennesee also (he does want to win NOW)

Colts would have been playoff contenders this year with Manning back. Now they go back to the dark ages for 20 years. He should have been able to write his own ending. Irsay should be strung up by the balls. What an idiot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#130326 2 years, 4 months ago
kevin wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i cant believe hes leaving Indy maybe they give himmore money and he stays i think the fan backlash is going to be huge always figured hed stay there for life like john elway and the broncos ,soory cant picture him anywhere else but indy isay they work it out and he stays,like sue said i believe he should retire be a consultant or coach or trainer or something

bottom line for indy - peyton put asses in seats, also I think something like 80% of team jerseys sold were # 18
HUGE mistake- they should have kept him 1 more year, he could at least tutor his successor and the fans wouldnt be so shocked to see jim go, he goes to a dome team or somewhere warm, he has played either in the south or a home dome his entire life, no NYJets, I say AZ given the talent level, possibly Minnesota or Tennesee also (he does want to win NOW)

That's the part I don't understand. If you're going to bring in a talented rookie, why would you not keep Peyton around to work with him?? It seems like that should have been a no-brainer, no matter what it did to the salary cap. Besides, Peyton probably would have even agreed to a pay cut for that scenario. And he's got, or seems to have, the skills to serve in a teaching/mentoring role; has worked at his Dad's camp for years. It could have gotten Luck's career off to a better start (hate to see rookie QBs started right away) and been a gentler exit for Peyton and the franchise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, gvanman, kevin
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#130327 2 years, 4 months ago
funky420 wrote:
I forgot about the Vikings, they like old quarterbacks with one year left!

Broke the bank on Jared Allan, but worth every red cent. Strong D + Strong Running Game (AP) used to win games.

You can keep Payton in the AFC otherwise Eli might whine again.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#130329 2 years, 4 months ago
Hey Sue. You would think the colts would have learned that you need a good back up qb after last years debacle. Luck would have been just that for 2 years. A perfect scenario if you ask me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#130330 2 years, 4 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Hey Sue. You would think the colts would have learned that you need a good back up qb after last years debacle. Luck would have been just that for 2 years. A perfect scenario if you ask me.

Couldn't agree with you more!! Still feel the pain of losing Peyton 2 days after the fantasy draft!!

Speaking of which, time to sign up for March Madness fantasy. Maybe this time I'll beat you!!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#130333 2 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more!! Still feel the pain of losing Peyton 2 days after the fantasy draft!!

Speaking of which, time to sign up for March Madness fantasy. Maybe this time I'll beat you!!

I might just do that. Killing time here while I get an oil change lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130347 2 years, 4 months ago
Is Peyton healthy enough to play?

I heard even Denver wants him now, wow, better than Tebow, can it be

Right now the NFL is investigating a coach (Gregg Williams of the Saints) who supposedly paid bounties for injuring players. I think h I heard that Peyton may have had a bounty on his head which resulted in his neck injury. Also heard that may be why they are taking this so seriously. List I heard they were talking Ricco statute stuff - the stuff to insight mobsters.

Hard hits are one thing (like Ronnie Lott), bonus payments to end opposing players seasons etc is messed up.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#130362 2 years, 4 months ago
The Colts want Luck that's why they tanked their season so they could get him. Yes they tanked it, there's no way that Peyton carried that entire team all those years, I find it shocking they could be that bad by losing him. The #1 draft pick will command huge $$ and so it would be difficult to give your payroll to 2 QBs. Unless ... did the bargaining agreement put a halt to these huge contracts for 1st rounders? Now I can't remember...

I'll scream if the Broncos bring him here, they have too many other needs than to pay all that $$ to a guy with a bum neck.

All that being said, the Colts are classless by getting rid of him the way they did. I hope he plays for Houston or Jacksonville and goes on and beats the Colts twice a year...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
fiddy13357
Fresh Boarder

#130369 2 years, 4 months ago
hopefully Kanas City makes a move on him.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#130373 2 years, 4 months ago
fiddy13357 wrote:
hopefully Kanas City makes a move on him.

What about Orton?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds