• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Happy Birthday, David Gilmour

#129743 2 years, 7 months ago
Happy Birthday David Gilmour!

hands down the best non Dead related show I've seen..... RCMH in 2006 I believe, around april. Matter of fact after that show I never thought I'd see anything that good again and nothing could compare until I discovered what Bob and Phil have to offer.

That short tour included Rick Wright on keys and Dick Perry on sax! the lazer light show was absolutley stunning. When the lights flashed during that light show and it got dark it was totally dark. usually you could still see a little with the lights out but you couldn't see your hand in front of your face during those instances. The light show peaked during Echoes and man was it intense.

I loved On An Island and was hoping for another solo effort, I'd see him in a heart beat if he ever toured again but probably only once cause he played the same set pretty much every show with the exception of a few songs he mixed up (really wish I got the Fat Old Sun from the other night at RCMH but I couldn't complain with Wot's... Uh the Deal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#129806 2 years, 7 months ago
Happy Birthday, David! A psychic warrior of the highest order.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#129808 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
I would love to see them both, but can't imigine what ticket prices would be.

It would be worth every penny! I never saw them together, and that's probably at the top of my concert bucket list.

I don't know if it would be the same without Rick Wright, but still...
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#129992 2 years, 7 months ago
I have always loved Pink Floyd, and Gilmour in particular.
Waters was a creative genius, and Gilmour was an expressive genius.
So much emotion with so few notes.

I was really glad and lucky to have caught the Floyd (sans waters) about 8 times in 87 and 94.
While the Floyd production was incredible, I think I enjoyed the Gilmour shows at Royal Albert Hall in 2006 the most.

Hope to see him again in the future, and if not, at least we have his music!

David Gimour
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around [...] I don't have to have too much technique for it. I've developed the parts of my technique that are useful to me. I'll never be a very fast guitar player. I don't really know what to say about my style. There's always a melodic intent in there."

Sounds "Guitar Heroes" magazine, May 1983
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#129993 2 years, 7 months ago
What a coincidence.
Echoes just came on Pandora radio!
Takin' it in stride!
mcolleen
Junior Boarder
You are the song that the morning brings

#129997 2 years, 7 months ago
The DG Trifecta: The voice, the guitar, oh yeah & Soooo easy on the eyes.

"The breeze would pause to listen in"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#130832 2 years, 7 months ago
I know this thread is a couple of days old, but thanks for posting this thread with the birthday wishes to David Gilmour. Like many of you, he is one of my favorite guitarists as well.

Did you know three of the Pink Floyd members were all born on the 6th day of the month?

Davild Gilmour: 6 March 1946 (age 66)
Roger Waters: 6 September 1943 (age 68)
Syd Barrett: 6 January 1946 (Died 7 July 2006, aged 60)

As a result of snooping around for good photos of David Gilmour, I ran into this little caricature of him on google, while not flattering, it shows him deep in thought as he jams. I did get a bit of a chuckle out of it and hope you do as well:

i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii57/francoi...ab/gilmourdetail.jpg
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds