#13550 3 years, 4 months ago
Hell yeah..just make a thread..
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
judit
Junior Boarder

Re: Question for Trolls

#13551 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for the suggestion, Paige. One of the things I'm looking for is a coherent way to follow different topics within the larger subject of life-changing/threatening illness. An easy way to tap into cancer info, Hep C info, etc., and an area to store organized multiple links to articles, studies and resources.

Perhaps I only know the PhilZone way of doing it, but since it works as well and efficiently as it does, I see the value in approximately duplicating it. I'm not the only person who wants a resource folder here, and maybe it will meet other people's needs to have a dedicated thread within the general discussion.

Again, thanks for your interest, comment and response, Paige. I guess I'm holding out for a positive response from the Moderator. I think I'll cross-post this to her/him.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#13553 3 years, 4 months ago
[/quote]

Respect? Does that exist on the internet?[/quote]

probably not but i try to be nice and have fun .....and to quote the immortal kenny rogers "you got to know when to hold em , know when to fold em "
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13563 3 years, 4 months ago
shoelesh wrote:
[/quote]

Respect? Does that exist on the internet?

probably not but i try to be nice and have fun .....and to quote the immortal kenny rogers "you got to know when to hold em , know when to fold em "[/quote]

Shoelesh, I just love your vibe/energy whatever you wanna call it..all your post... you're just fucking awesome!! Loving you family!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#13578 3 years, 4 months ago
This was exactly my point with the New Topic "shakedown or dirty lot scene". Re- reading my post, I realize it was poorly written and somewhat confusing. Anyway, whether you agree or not, wouldn't you have to admit, it would eliminate a lot of the issues to just add a new tab for the conversation on the "edge"?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13636 3 years, 4 months ago
Yep... This can be a troll thread if need be..go ahead and talk...
Religion and politics
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#13638 3 years, 4 months ago
Its all in uplift of course... Just some internet fun right?? I mean we all have crazy ass opinions anyways
Skullcap
Junior Boarder

#13660 3 years, 4 months ago
I think that the notion of some people only feeling comfortable posting on one board or the other is a very good reason to have a hep C/illness support folder here. I do not want to spend my time here ragging on the PZ too much, but the idea of respecting 'sacred space' there only applies to some and not others. I have seen folks dealing with serious illnesses and deeply painful emotional trauma have those thing used against them as tools of torment on the PZ.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Skullcap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#13813 3 years, 4 months ago
The Hep C folder sounds fantastic, I hope you are able to find the best gathering vehicles for support.
I'm trying to remember if it was around in my zone days, it's been awhile.

I haven't been around since late last week when i crossed paths with Oakie's rack talk. I'll dig it up later to see what happened..Others were saying he was just trying to "stir the pot" like someone messing with the new kid in the neighborhood in front of his old hood buddies to look cool. Seemed like a bad turn in the new road..Was my objecting to this being controlling, making it my business to censor, etc.?

This is a new community, do we want to have checks and balances or a no holds barred scenario? I guess that will be worked out in time. I wish we had enough sense to know, collectively, when our words or ways we try to depict others is over the line. You could find more outrageous examples than Oakies topic, it just felt like he was pushing an agenda to me.

Criticism is a built in strength of the GD scene, we've always been outspoken but why the need for extremes? Is the bar being raised to get a point across, is it a cry for attention, whats goin on there?

A word about the zone. I had a great run there. it's weird to think zoners are reading this stuff.. SJF says howdy, been a long time, hope you are well!!

My music friends are busier than they used to be so I found myself out of the loop. I started checking back in there once in awhile after years of being away. It is a great place for that. I was tempted to get ahold of Schnee or JenD and say i missed the place but something stopped me every time.

I don't think you see things as clearly when you are in the thick of a culture, immersed and you could also say viewed from the outside in you also wouldn't understand the context. I sort of understood, being one who was there and I have to say I wasn't surprised at the level of stuff happening there, there was always a bad boy culture there, folks saying crazy stuff just for effect and this was a logical extension of that.

Still though, some of the really nasty name calling, smearing and tough talk was pretty well over the line by even any loose deadhead measures I'd ever experienced..and I've seen some crazy stuff.

In truth, some of those who get their jollies out of puncturing others balloons, slamming for the sake of slamming are ok, despite the bad boy act..I never understood the need to mess with other people for kicks though, using potentially grating tactics. Is that funny? Hey, I helped build a fence for the autistic son of a guy who used to really tick people off in the zone and he ended up being a show buddy. We still talk here and there. All good, mon. It's fine line, I give you that..buddies mess with each other all the time..it's a matter of what degree, how far you take it.

The reason I was ok with leaving the zone, besides a huge huge life change that rocked my world for years was that the crap that made me not want to hang my hat there was increasing, being downright encouraged by others...when that enabling stuff carried over into a charity project that I funded + put everything I had into that was too much drama for me. Sometimes friends need to check other friends, tell them to cut the crap but that doesn't look cool so people generally try to avoid helping clean up messes to avoid the "you're being controlling" or "what are you, my parent?" defensive act sure to follow.

There are good people there, in the zone don't get the wrong idea if you've never been there. I'm sure it's grown to a giant great community and the good far outweighs the lame even as the bottom end "you're the troll...no, you're the troll." grabs the headline.

I hope we can have fun here but not at the expense of others or by trying to out grease each other. Peace, Y'all.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by sjfgreenman.
Time to create page: 1.43 seconds