• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Re: Question for Trolls

#13369 3 years, 3 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
I haven't ever visited PZ, all I know of it is what I have picked up here. Based on that impression, I am not impressed. What I gather is that there are some serious negative vibes over there and that there are quite a few people who feel the need to try and bring those negative vibes here.

If I had to label myself, it'd be a .org'r ... but I have frequented the zone quite a bit over the years. I also visit several other music related message boards & let me tell you, PZ definitely is not the "leader" of negativity & such ... IMO, that award EASILY goes to the "green board" (phish) on phantasytour.com. Some of the other colored boards on pt are not far behind. You need a thick skin or at least a good compass.

On the other hand of the spectrum, I have found the Telluride Bluegrass Festival forum www.festivarian.com/index.php/board,4.0.html to be almost spooky how friendly & cordial the tone is over there!

All it really takes is one individual to take down a board ... I've witnessed at least a few times. Add in a few bad apples and appearances can be deceiving ... as if there are greater numbers of bad apples than there really are.
judit
Junior Boarder

#13379 3 years, 3 months ago
[quote="ruby_claire"
I'm going to make an observation, feel free to lambaste or at least correct me if I am in the least bit wrong...

I hear the call for a forum within this forum for HepC sufferers similar to the one on The PhilZone.

I haven't ever visited PZ, all I know of it is what I have picked up here. Based on that impression, I am not impressed. What I gather is that there are some serious negative vibes over there and that there are quite a few people who feel the need to try and bring those negative vibes here.

If this is the case, why in the world would they start something here that actually encourages people from over there to come here? It's just a thought.

If you are asking someone to do something for you, isn't it best to respect their wishes? I believe it states in the rules/regs portion of this forum that disrespect is discouraged. Seems to me that f you want a Hep C forum , encourage your fellow PZ forum members to lay off the negative bullshit (emphasis on the word BS) ~ just my 2 cents.
End of quote.

I think you will find that I have never lambasted anyone here, nor will I. Not my style. I will, however, try to respectfully give you some clarifying information.

The Hep C area of the Zone is a sacred space, treated as such by every Zoner. The rare visits by other Zoners are to lend support, cheer people on, share "vibage" and to get information.

I can not "control" Zoners, anymore than I can cure Hep C or cancer. I am often referred to as a "voice of reason" over there, and probably thought of by some as a busybody old lady when I ask for civility. Because respect and gentle discourse are important to me, I speak out when the spirit moves me.

I am not asking the Furthur board to create what the PZ Hep C area has, since only we can create that sacred space, but to open up a "folder" like Show Review, Fan Connect and Music Talk so people can easily find and use it. I am not suggesting a replacement for the Zone's Hep C folder, but instead, a space here that anyone with a life threatening/changing illness, a caregiver, a curious or supportive person can visit to get and give information, love and support. It is possible that there are people on this board would like to get that without visiting the PhilZone.

Feel free to ask more questions, I'll try to answer.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by judit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Confusions Prince, Rabbit®
Lynx
Visitor

#13385 3 years, 3 months ago
^^^^^^^ Yes to that last paragraph!!!!!!
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

#13387 3 years, 3 months ago
"I am not suggesting a replacement for the Zone's Hep C folder, but instead, a space here that anyone with a life threatening/changing illness, a caregiver, a curious or supportive person can visit to get and give information, love and support. It is possible that there are people on this board would like to get that without visiting the PhilZone. "

Well..that makes two of us with the exactly same idea Love you, judit!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Rabbit®.
The following user(s) said Thank You: judit
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#13469 3 years, 3 months ago
Make that 3 of us, Rabbit!
Judit always has the nicest things to say.

Trolls be gone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: judit
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#13514 3 years, 3 months ago
how bout a space for people to bitch and and be trolls , so that every thread does nt get infected with the dark side
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by shoelesh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#13529 3 years, 3 months ago
shoelesh wrote:
how bout a space for people to bitch and and be trolls , so that every thread does nt get infected with the dark side

that'd be all right. Kind of a playground or outlaw romper room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shoelesh
judit
Junior Boarder

#13534 3 years, 3 months ago
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#13536 3 years, 3 months ago
captaintony wrote:
shoelesh wrote:

yea ...sure everybody can do what they want but a tiny hint of respect for those who dont wanna "play" along..so to speak
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#13540 3 years, 3 months ago
Judit is good people
A for real Old Time/First Gen. Deadhead.
Love the lady
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#13541 3 years, 3 months ago
shoelesh wrote:
captaintony wrote:
shoelesh wrote:

yea ...sure everybody can do what they want but a tiny hint of respect for those who dont wanna "play" along..so to speak

Respect? Does that exist on the internet?
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#13546 3 years, 3 months ago
Judit, you could start Sacred Space for the HepC as a continual thread... Following our Sacred Space example from the Art thread.

It would be a start, and it can be started now, if you wish to...

Love, Paige
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds