• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lily
Fresh Boarder

Re: Question for Trolls

#13269 3 years, 4 months ago
I hate the "promoting" troll the most. The one who's out to just promote their stuff....usually under the guise of some other topic. And the ones who do this on all the sites they go to.

Second the annoying one who's goal online is to just piss people off. I don't get that at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala, Rabbit®
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#13271 3 years, 4 months ago
Timmy Hoover wrote:
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
At the Pgh show, they stopped the music during 'I Know You Rider' and went all vocals. it was insane hearing the crowd join in and take it to the next level!

That's not next level, that's a fuck up

You listen to the show, Tim? Didnt sound like a fuck up then or on the SBD. Wasnt like all of sudden, no music. Just kinda slowed it down once it hit the chorus.
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13277 3 years, 4 months ago
maybe next show they won't play any music and just lead the crowd in a sing along.

Think how next level that would be.
sidemouse
Junior Boarder

#13292 3 years, 4 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
Theres a reason why I don't got on the Zone, but frequent both here and Ratdog's board. HERE and at Ratdog, we engage in civil conversation (for the most part) and really discuss aweosme things. I've never gotten that feeling at the ZOne. Always felt like I was an outsider infringing upon their clique.

And, from the behavior of some Zoners on here... I dun think I was way off with my conclusions....

Yep. Seems like some people want to take this place over and turn it into the zone. And that STINKS!
"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.”
Jerry Garcia

www.conservation.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala, deliadelion
Timmy Hoover
Junior Boarder

#13296 3 years, 4 months ago
sidemouse wrote:
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
Theres a reason why I don't got on the Zone, but frequent both here and Ratdog's board. HERE and at Ratdog, we engage in civil conversation (for the most part) and really discuss aweosme things. I've never gotten that feeling at the ZOne. Always felt like I was an outsider infringing upon their clique.

And, from the behavior of some Zoners on here... I dun think I was way off with my conclusions....

Yep. Seems like some people want to take this place over and turn it into the zone. And that STINKS!

Could somebody please point me to a thread where people from the philzone are trolling and trying to ruin this site?

thanks.
Roarshock
Fresh Boarder

#13303 3 years, 4 months ago
Hey! First post over here! As a Founder of the Troll Empire (Berkeley, California, September 9, 1979) I endorse this thread!

As a Phil Zone Affectionado from way back, I am sad to hear that some of you don't feel comfortable over there. It can be a really sweet place. I think Judit's post on the topic, in this thread, very nicely describes the range of people we Zoners are.

And even as there is criticism of the Phil Zone in this thread, and elsewhere on this board, yes, there are threads on Phil Zone right now criticizing, and just generally making fun of the Furthur Board! Nothing wrong with that. For as long as I can remember it's been a tradition in Deadland to make fun of ourselves and each other.

Plenty of room in cyber-space for all of our boards, and all our curious, worth-while and worthless threads and ideas to be expressed.

If some smirking "troll" upsets you with a thread, or a post, try letting it go on by, and mostly they will be bored and leave. If you respond in kind, well then you show you are willing to play the game.

It should be extremely rare that something goes so far over-the-line that site Administration has to step in and boot out the offending material and/or user(s).

For real vulgar trolling, check out the comments on Yahoo! News stories some time! That ought to get you quickly, thankfully, back here and back over at the Phil Zone.

Peace.

Roarshock
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmhpsu
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#13308 3 years, 4 months ago
What is next level about singing along. Pete Seeker been getting folk to sing along for 70 years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala
judit
Junior Boarder

#13321 3 years, 4 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
I dont got Hep C and dont wanan act like I know the 'scoop' or anything. But I know Phil was asked directly about a Hep C thing on here, and he voiced concerns over 'splitting the Hep C group on PZ'.... Belive everyone was like F that, bring one here! So... hopefully its in teh works for yins! Definatly agree it would cetainly hlep spread awarness!

It was Jill who was sensitive to dividing the Hep C community, but I and others felt that, as we are seeing on this thread, there are people who are more comfortable here or at PZ, and unfortunately, more than enough people with life-threatening/changing illness's to populate the spaces provided. Being with people with whom you have something more than your illness in common is a form of support in itself, be it historical or in the present. Music is a great unifier.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

#13325 3 years, 4 months ago
Hmm I guess I missed the pertinent Hep C board posts, and response to requests for a forum here for heads with catastropic illness / heppers. Thanks for clarifying Judit.

FWIW I thought the requests went ignored, and decided to let it go with a "wait and see" attitude.
judit
Junior Boarder

#13326 3 years, 4 months ago
Hello, Ms. Rabbit,

The requests have been ignored since the original quick dialogue with Jill. I continue to bring it up as the spirit moves me, hoping for a positive and constructive response.
FUCK CANCER!

Peace & Love
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#13333 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm going to make an observation, feel free to lambaste or at least correct me if I am in the least bit wrong...

I hear the call for a forum within this forum for HepC sufferers similar to the one on The PhilZone.

I haven't ever visited PZ, all I know of it is what I have picked up here. Based on that impression, I am not impressed. What I gather is that there are some serious negative vibes over there and that there are quite a few people who feel the need to try and bring those negative vibes here.

If this is the case, why in the world would they start something here that actually encourages people from over there to come here? It's just a thought.

If you are asking someone to do something for you, isn't it best to respect their wishes? I believe it states in the rules/regs portion of this forum that disrespect is discouraged. Seems to me that f you want a Hep C forum , encourage your fellow PZ forum members to lay off the negative bullshit (emphasis on the word BS) ~ just my 2 cents.

Go ahead and lay into me about unicorns and glitter and rainbows.
I love 'em and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by ruby_claire.
Rabbit®
Junior Boarder
Merry Crankster® of the DNC

#13358 3 years, 4 months ago
"Seems to me that f you want a Hep C forum , encourage your fellow PZ forum members to lay off the negative bullshit (emphasis on the word BS) ~ just my 2 cents. "

I'll just as soon start encouraging water to run uphill, but I doubt that will work any better than asking people who don't ever post on the hep c forum over at pz, or off the beaten path at the support forum for heads dealing with catastrophic illness on Deadnet to conform here. What I've observed is that health support forums are very closely knit, and that intimidates the more inexperienced and or shy newbies who don't want to intrude on long standing forums, even when welcomed with open arms. It makes sense to open up a support forum along with a new board. There is no such thing as too many options for support.

I think holding the two separate issues of trolling and support for people with life threatening illnesses as one and the same is pretty fucking far from glittery unicorns & rainbows and closer to tacky btw.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Rabbit®. Reason: clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: deliadelion
Time to create page: 1.40 seconds