• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

Re: what happened last summer @ Mann?

#130298 2 years, 7 months ago
A little more History: The Phila. Orchestra use to set up and play for free way back,I think during the Depression,first one...................I have always felt a great vibe at the mann.............
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130363 2 years, 7 months ago
I agree, it's a great venue and I too am excited furthur will be back again this year. We'll be moon dancing under the moon, the clouds and the stars.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#130409 2 years, 7 months ago
Big Ralph wrote:
A little more History: The Phila. Orchestra use to set up and play for free way back,I think during the Depression,first one...................I have always felt a great vibe at the mann.............

Did when I was a kid about 40 years ago. Not sure now.

You used to be able to get free lawn seats from Philly Inquirer. Underneath cost $.

Saw legendary pianist Van Cliburn there one night when I was about 11.

But my most vivid memory is seeing Gene Hart, hall of fame Philly Flyers announcer, bookin it to his car after the end of a show. And he was a big man running.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
66slim
Platinum Boarder

#130421 2 years, 7 months ago
Where is a good place to stay close to the Mann w/o breaking the bank? Walking or cab distance?
And leave it on!
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#130593 2 years, 7 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Big Ralph wrote:

Did when I was a kid about 40 years ago. Not sure now.

You used to be able to get free lawn seats from Philly Inquirer. Underneath cost $.

Saw legendary pianist Van Cliburn there one night when I was about 11.

But my most vivid memory is seeing Gene Hart, hall of fame Philly Flyers announcer, bookin it to his car after the end of a show. And he was a big man running.

my wife and i used to go to the free orchestra shows when we were dating...this was only 7-8 years ago...the coolest thing about those shows was that they let you bring in food, coolers, wine, beer, etc and have nice picnic...saw itzhak perlman
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#130922 2 years, 7 months ago
Great venue, this will be my 3rd time. A little slow getting in but 45 min prior got me in no problem. There was zero air circulating in the pavilion so the balcony must have been worse. The cops were there in full force the 2nd year but aside from shutting down Shakedown and confiscating tanks(which I don't do anyway) the lot was a nice woodland setting, hence the deer. My car said it was 105 when I pulled into the lot so lets hope for more reasonable weather this year.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#130927 2 years, 7 months ago
Further hosted another gathering of the tribes, and it was magical!

Just try not to enter the venue last minute.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
StSteven
Junior Boarder

#131025 2 years, 7 months ago
Yep...I almost didnt want to go to the Mann again....but who am I kidding...i would go to see them in a shithouse...

Get there early. Dont think your gonna get away with vending for long. Plan on tanks hissing before and after the show. when going in, avoid leroy or any other brother doing the search....brothha got my laser last year and 2 joints....dut he didnt check my taint!

Ps...a piece of wide elastic band...sew it in a loop and wrap around your upper thigh up high near the batwings.....he aint checking there and you can stuff a decent amount of whatever there
-All I know is I feel like I have been asleep my entire life until I discovered this community...Now that I am awake and felt the things I have felt, I never want it to stop.
-My Quote-
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds