• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stricken
Gold Boarder

Re: what happened last summer @ Mann?

#129271 2 years, 4 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
No, no need to take off shoes, sry if I confused you. My point is it was an ordinary search, not too bad.

Stricken, was there really a deer? Could the laughing part be in your head????

The deer was real and it was last year now the laugh could have been heat related or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#129281 2 years, 4 months ago
we went didnt have any probs besides the heat however lots of people were stuck getting in thelower gatealso the cops were harrasing people and vendors on shakedown getting in and out sucks the big one and lack of bathrooms were the major complaints
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#129286 2 years, 4 months ago
A lack of bathrooms is not fun...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#129287 2 years, 4 months ago
I got there late as it was hot as all get up. We parked back away from Shakedown and we walked right in after the back ups and didn't miss anything except the shade of the pavilion. I heard that the cops were harassing the vendors pretty good though and there was a huge ruckus on this board somewhere. I sat in those AWFUL terrace seats with the sun melting me and it was rough. Oh the humanity... It was a great show and in 120 degree heat, Phil had a long sleeve button down on with an undershirt. He didn't sweat a bead either and just KILLED it like always. Cant wait to go back and sit under the shed! Hopefully it will be cooler this year
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#129307 2 years, 4 months ago
I can't speak to last year because I wasn't there. I think the oppressive heat may an uncomfortable situation worse.

There were two shows in 2010, I saw the first. Per usual, everyone said the second was better, but that's hard to believe.

What you need to remember is there are two parking lots and entrances. The lower is Shakedown and you are kind of funneled down there. Up top is mellower and much easier to negotiate.

But beware this is a Saturday show in Philly, so expect a party and the obligatory OMSN.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#129312 2 years, 4 months ago
I read all the drama here on the board but didn't see any myself. I didn't have a problem getting in because I go for the show so I'm in line well in advance. It did seem like a lot of dodgy shite was taking place on Shakedown with security making people pack up their tables.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#129315 2 years, 4 months ago
i've had nothing but extraordinary experiences at the mann center. it's a great small east coast venue. i am glad they've decided to return.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
kmhpsu
Junior Boarder

#129321 2 years, 4 months ago
Ah, we saw the deer, too. Got there, parked the car, and got out to walk around minutes before we saw the thing leaping around down at the other end of our row of cars. By the time we got there Shakedown was in the process of getting shut down.

It was our second time at the Mann and we always go in early to avoid security lines and stake our claim to a piece of lawn at the front. So we didn't miss a thing... I was wearing a dress and flip flops so I didn't even get a pat down. I don't think my boyfriend did either... worst security I've ever experienced was at the Tower Theater in Philly. If you wait until last minute you're gonna run into lines.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#129451 2 years, 4 months ago
Many fond Mann memories,but was never set up for last minute rush. Several jerry Garcia shows,Reunited Jefferson Airplane.....lots of fun
skyties
Junior Boarder

#129453 2 years, 4 months ago
Ya that's the Mann for you, no vending but let the tanks rip sounds like fun! (NOT) Boycott nitrous, support tour vendors please.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds