• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

Re: Censorship on this board

#12944 3 years, 6 months ago
"Just plain silly to me, but maybe taken more seriously by someone who feels attacked in a place they came to discuss music that they love and maybe meet some like minded individuals."

A) There's a "music talk" folder
b)What's silly is assuming people who like the same music as you are somehow "like minded" Scary automaton stuff, that.

"The kind thing to do is to quit doing whatever is making someone else uncomfortable."

Walking on eggshells is an offensive way to go through life. Lots of people were made uncomfortable by the music and lifestlye those hippies from San Francisco made, should they have stopped?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#12945 3 years, 6 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
strummer101 got banned for the rainbow baiting

Really?? The rainbow thread was mine.....he went back and forth a bit but when did it offend somebody?

Shit some of the stuff he said was funny..
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#12954 3 years, 6 months ago
>>Phil and Jill made it very clear what would not fly here. Why do all their fans insist on pushing the limits?

So Phil and Jill want to control the discourse on this board. I guess if you state that you think Furthur sucks (not my opinion at all) you will get banned cause you offended Phil and Jill? Isn't Grateful Dead music about pushing limits?

ISN'T THE NAME FURTHUR ITSELF ABOUT PUSHING LIMITS?

>>Sometimes I hate hippies so much. We don't all have to be the same and think the same.

Glad I'm a beatnik not a hippie.
Creeker
Junior Boarder

#12957 3 years, 6 months ago
Same as it ever was
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#12962 3 years, 6 months ago
Duke "silenced"? Give me a fucking break. He has the rest of the Internet to play on, including philzone.

He intentionally set out to ruffle feathers, he did, and he got slapped by this board's admin. Tough shit. He's a big boy--believe me, he can take it.

Sandbox doesn't mean litterbox. There's a time and place for vulgarity and rudeness, but anywhere that presence becomes relentless it stops being cute or pranksterish and starts being...

wait for it...

offensive.

Duke is a friend of mine. But he went too far here and got exactly what he asked for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mandala, ruby_claire
Lynx
Visitor

#12964 3 years, 6 months ago
Creeker wrote:
Same as it ever was

yup
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#12966 3 years, 6 months ago
seems like this is a culture clash. over in pzland, offensiveness is regarded as cool, even desirable. in a discussion over there about this, someone even lauded folks who prefer having a thick skin. that's never been my preference, and i'm glad phil and jill and the ptb here seem to agree. you folks already have the pz to be as outrageous and assholish as you want; why do you feel the need to spread that here? because even admin over there is getting tired of you boorishness? (that admin osaid recently that they understood that pretending to be an asshole could be funny, but sometimes its just being an asshole). the person banned here is even so over the top on the pz that he and some of his partners in lameness have had to set up a facebook page entitled the pz all star rejects (pzasr) where they retire when that space gets too hot. y'all have the right to be as lame as you want in your own space, but stop complaining when others don't want it in their neighborhood...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by mandala.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CinnamonGirl53
Chester
More or less in line

#12970 3 years, 6 months ago
Seems like most of the folks here have the right idea. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
deliadelion
Junior Boarder

#12974 3 years, 6 months ago
Mandy, I agree with so much that you say. But after watching how you conduct yourself on philzone, I've come to the conclusion that you're just as much of a troll as the people you despise.

You dog the people you don't like and comment negatively on their posts even when they're behaving in ways that you consider acceptable. You whine excessively. And for reasons best understood by you (and only you!) you continue to interact with people who clearly want nothing to do with you.

If you can't be part of the solution, which in places like this means contributing productively, at least stop being part of the problem.
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#12982 3 years, 6 months ago
>>>you're just as much of a troll as the people you despise.

i was taught: when in rome, do as the romans do. your mileage obviously varies...

if i had it to do over again, i probably wouldn't have been as reactive over there as i originally was and laid back until i understood that culture more. but i've been a deadhead cyberspacer for over 25 years and was just blown away by what i first saw there on a board supposedly deadicated to what i've always considered a laudable hippie counter-culture. and in my time of doing battle there, it does seem the balance has shifted away from the total dominance of the kind hating culture that thrived there then to one where more and more folks echo some of my original objections and the over the top crassness is much less than it used to be...
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds