• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Garcia quote about 12/21/2012

#129393 2 years, 4 months ago
deadegad wrote:
Yeah this 2012 thing does make me wonder. . .. Disaster movie? Leap of Consciousness?

Not to be cynical, but, this is an event for humankind so let's be hope TicketBastard doesn't get a hold of it!

Absolutely. But people are making money from it. And will continue to, as long as there's a buck to be made.
I say, it will be what you make of it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#129402 2 years, 4 months ago
It's entirely possible we might not even recognize it if it happens. The significance may not become apparent for years to come. Maybe only when seen in retrospect. It may simply be too big to process all at once.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#129418 2 years, 4 months ago
Anyone that was at the NYE shows should have felt the first wave of new energies as I surely felt something more than music. We are and have been undergoing a HUGE transformation of consciousness like Chester stated. Creation has sped up so fast that a lot of people are losing it entirely as they are not in tune. Some say the human mind actually has a speed limit that has been reached by many thus causing chaos for which we see in all corners of the globe. What I mean by that is that we are creating and living in a cycle where 1 year now brings us a generation ( 20 years ) of creation. This type of stuff make me all the more grateful for this great community we call Furthur. Im hoping to make it out there if these dates become reality. In the meantime "Buckle Up Kids"
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#130436 2 years, 4 months ago
Found another good Jerry interview with a 2012 reference:

www.mavericksofthemind.com/gar-int.htm

Rebecca McClen Novick: Some people believe that this is a pivotal time in history. Do you feel there is a New Age or to use Terence McKenna's term, an Archaic Revival coming about?

Jerry Garcia: Sure, I'll go along with that - I love that stuff. I'm a Terence McKenna fan. I prefer to believe that we're winding up rather than winding down. And this idea of the 2012 when everything tops out, well, I would love to be here for it. I'll buy into that belief - I don't want to miss it! It's like the millennium. At this point it's a matter of personal pride. We have to survive. The band has to be able to play to at least the turn of the millennium.

Rebecca: What do you think that the future of the human race depends upon?

Jerry: Getting off this lame fucking trip, this egocentric bullshit. There's entirely too many monkeys on this mudball and that's going to be a real problem. People have to get smart. I've always thought that the thing to do is something really chaotic and crazy like head off into space. That's something that would keep everyone real busy and would also distribute more bodies out there.

Otherwise, we end up staying here and kill each other and damage thti planet. I've gotten into scuba diving, so I've developed a great affection for the ocean. I just don't want to see it get worse than it is. I'd like to think we could get smart enough sometime soon to make things better than they are instead of worse.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#130507 2 years, 4 months ago
Is it ok I I think this is a bunch of speculating shit?
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#181133 2 years ago
In 1996 Robert Hunter had some interesting correspondence with Terence McKenna, published in The Orfeo Files:

www.hunterarchive.com/files/OrfeoFiles/Orfeo.html

If your calculations about Omega point are KoreKt, it should be a matter of mere months before the language evolves, like a flu virus, to allow western discussion of living items of eternity. I mean, we're doing it, aren't we? And, if we feel mysteriously driven to do it, I presume it's because the time is ripe for it.

• • • •

Is there anything strange about subject-synchronicity when discussing the pentultimate synchrosubstance? Strange if there were no string of coincidences to accompany this. My notion of the Eschaton is a convergence of coincidences so striking that a non-coincidence would seem uncanny.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Gordon the Drummer.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#188178 1 year, 11 months ago
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#188184 1 year, 11 months ago
so there won't be NYE shows this year? bummer
-- smell every flower --
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#188225 1 year, 11 months ago
Gordon the Drummer wrote:

HAHA lower ticket prices. Why did that change?
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#218765 1 year, 7 months ago
Very interesting Dead statistic: the longest period of time since 1967 that Phil Lesh and Mickey Hart have gone without playing together is 3 years, 5 months, and 16 days (from The Dead's 8/19/04 show to the Warfield 2/4/08 Obama rally; Lesh and Hart were apart for shorter periods than this in 1971-1974 since Phil played on Mickey's 1972 Rolling Thunder album). But the last time Lesh and Hart appeared on stage together was Rothbury 7/4/09, so unless Mickey soon miraculously appears at a Terrapin gig, this record time apart could be exceeded as of. . . yep, you guessed it: 12/21/12!
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds