• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Jeff Mattson is a monster!!

#128695 2 years, 4 months ago
Hey, I just did a three night run of DSO shows in Florida and I gotta say that Jeff Mattson is a mega-monster-master-musician that can't be denied! He made the place explode over and over again every night. Last night was an original set list, check it out:

Show: 2044 • 03/03/2012 Revolution, Ft Lauderdale, FL

Original Setlist

One: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower > Feel Like A Stranger ; Here Comes Sunshine ; Lazy Lightning > Supplication ; Box Of Rain ; Bird Song ; The Music Never Stopped ; Rubin And Cherise

Two: Playing In The Band > Terrapin Station > Uncle John's Bands > Playing jam > Good Lovin' > drums > space > Saint Of Circumstance > Visions Of Johanna > Playing In The Band > Morning Dew

Encore: Hey Jude > Uncle John's Band reprise

I mean, come on, could you have invented a better set list? Visions of Johanna? Are you kidding. Forget about it!! Wow!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation, strangerinboulder, SunshineSue
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jeff Mattson is a monster!!

#128699 2 years, 4 months ago
Killer set list. Here is part of the first set

rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#128729 2 years, 4 months ago
I was very pleasantly surprised by Jeffs playing. he is spot on young Jerry and looks the part! Good for you Ed, you got some great music.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#128737 2 years, 4 months ago
agreed
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#128969 2 years, 4 months ago
Jeff is great. Barraco's good too
These are the good old days!!
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#128996 2 years, 4 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
Jeff is great. Barraco's good too

Matt is definitely a beast. That whole band is tight. We are not getting our April shows here. Drats ! Hopefully some late summer, or early autumn shows.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#129003 2 years, 4 months ago
Ft. Lauderdale was BEYOND packed. I think they just kept selling tickets without keeping count - the fire marshall would not have been pleased. While the music was absolutely incredible, there was a significant # of : Talkers, singers/yellers, spillers, drunks, bumpers, and statues - even up near the rail! I suppose this is becoming more and more the rule than the exception - I used to be able to tune this stuff out but its freakin everywhere!

DSO is killing it!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#129428 2 years, 4 months ago
Here's Jeff with Donna Jean and her husband David at the Relix Sesions

The following user(s) said Thank You: nastero
nastero
Junior Boarder

#129524 2 years, 4 months ago
Donna's voice, like a fine wine, has improved with age. I've always been a fan of hers and the years she performed with the Dead are some of my favorite, but I'll readily acknowledge there were times when she subtracted more than she added to the equation.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#129567 2 years, 4 months ago
I just caught them a couple weeks ago here. Yeah man, they play the songs with such sincerity & love ya can't help but enjoy it! They manage to pull off space really well, lacking all the electronical-technologic-hoo-ha the Boys had. Mattson could rip tho; some truly inspired playing there! And I really dug seeing such an incredible amount of really young kids totally getting into it! There is so much hope for the future!!!!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by bokb.
Time to create page: 1.22 seconds