• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jackstrawfromPA
Fresh Boarder

have you bought tickets on the presale before...

#128666 2 years, 7 months ago
i missed out on the spring tour - came across the on sale presale stuff through furthur.net much too late - but my question is, are these tickets a little cheaper in terms of less fees then buying through ticketmaster.com on saturday?

do the actual tickets look any different?

also with mail order - is there an actual difference in the way the ticket looks since GDTOO is handling it and not TM or LN? thanks for any help.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

Re: have you bought tickets on the presale before...

#128669 2 years, 7 months ago
presale connects you to tmaster or live nation website, no discount
also, presales usually sell out very fast due to small % of tickets offered, if you dont get them tomorrow, dont be discouraged,
you"ll probably get what you want when they go on sale to the public

also, yes, GDTS tickets look nothing like Tmaster tickets
-- smell every flower --
kfender
Gold Boarder

#128670 2 years, 7 months ago
Actually presale goes through frontgate tickets not TM or LN.I have used them before and they are fine.Some have complained about the late delivery date but I have never had a problem
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#128691 2 years, 7 months ago
my only problem with presale was last year for Mansfield I got presale and the seats were shit - way over to the side and if I had waited I could of got better seats off ticketmaster for months after they went on sale! ..... that kinda pissed me off a little.

so now I'm not getting anything through presale this time, except maybe ill see what I can get with the Bethel presale cause that's the only show that's not GA that I'm getting more then 1 ticket to. I think with Mansfield they expected to sell a lot more tickets so Frontgate got a bunch of crap seats and I ended up getting stuck with some. Luckily almost nobody was in our section and we got to move over a little bit.

They were also cutting it pretty close sending the november tickets out to me at the last minute but I wouldn't worry about that cause they would of sent them to Will Call had I missed them in the mail.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#128704 2 years, 7 months ago
The Frontgate website doesn't work as well as TM. If there is high demand the site bogs down badly and yeah the tickets sell out really fast. I've had some frustrating moments on that site! That being said, if you are going for GA then it's probably worth a shot.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#128727 2 years, 7 months ago
Front gate has always worked well for me... Though it is always a clusterfuck.... GET on there 10 min. early and make sure your internet is in top form
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Bzerk 2
Junior Boarder

#128813 2 years, 7 months ago
I have used front gate a bunch of times. The spring shows it was a fucking joke. First time getting shut out by them. The tickets are pretty decent if you can get them. They do arrive pretty late and last time I ordered a bunch of diffrent shows they charged me ups fees on each show I ordered.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#128830 2 years, 7 months ago
i think they are slightly cheaper. you still pay a service fee but it's not as bad as a TM or LN fee. also, bzerk must've had a rare occurrence (which i personally would have contested) with the multiple ups fees. sorry to hear about that. i had a few issues with tickets arriving on time and switching them to will call, but everything was always sorted out and i never missed a show. sometimes i spent a good chunk of time arguing with what seemed like the absolute most incompetent person in the world but things were always made right. since that, they've treated me well. i've purchased a very large number of tickets through them since 2010, and i always trust it, and get great seats. i don't know about everybody else but within the past 2 tours or so they've finally started sending me all my tickets at once together in the same envelope.

the only advice to give is know what you want. don't log on there and start deciding picking/choosing. know exactly what you're doing when you log on, get it done, and don't waste any time. every second counts.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#128880 2 years, 7 months ago
I've seen good seats and incredibly poor ones with pre-sale. I almost hate talking with people before the shows to find out where they were seated with Frontgate. I've heard everything from 3rd row center to being tucked around the corner of the stage to the point they couldn't even see half the band.

It's no fun to talk about the ticket fiasco. I'm happy for the satisfied stubhubbers who pay $150-300, but geez, why couldn't one of the obsessed have access to more of the premium seats?
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#128942 2 years, 7 months ago
Fall tour my gdtstoo tix were Ticketmaster tickets ( mailed by gdtstoo). Summer tour is for ga IMO. Much easier to get those tix especially in the larger venues.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds