• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: More Terrapin Crossroads GA tickets available

#130681 2 years, 4 months ago
^^good point - with all the problems they've had so far I think it's a little far fetched to be assuming all this "Phil is taking tickets off the market then putting them back on cause they arn't really sold out" stuff

Plus you (deadahead) also have this theory of our Furthur board editing certain posts and that it's not just a technical problem...... well I have been wondering for several days now why your posts arn't edited if that is the case. Clearly your posts would be the ones that they want to edit if your theory is correct.

not trying to stir up any trouble - just throwing my 2 cents out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Tmglf2
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#130863 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you're right, i'm set and i'm not worried about the current situation. i think folks (you may be included i don't know you decide) are overthinking the entire thing, and not just enjoying the fact it's here. who knows what kind of stuff is going on over there at ticketing. it was such a fiasco they probably still don't have it all right. i don't think continual speculation on possible wrongdoing (or hinting at it) is necessary. didn't you already get one name banned from here for doing this? or am i thinking of something else? i don't know now, i just don't know.

Wlewis, and I am glad you are set! I am also very grateful that Phil has opened up his venue, extremely so. I want it to go as smoothly as possible, but he has made some avoidable mistakes and the appearance of the intentional ticket games is something I and others on the Net noticed, I simply wanted to say, "hey, if this is really happening (and it looks like it is), then STOP IT! It is not cool to manipulate people, for whatever reason (public image? likely so), just let the chips fall where they may". InTicketing.com never had any problems selling tickets, it was when Phil tried to do it in-house and, unfortuntaely, failed miserably. Then after a week of tickets for sale on InTicketing.com, a proven service which has no problems selling tickets, various people on the Net commented about tickets not selling at the current prices and then they all sold out immediately afterwards, then they became available again, some here, some there, and more to come? So there is some activity from Phil and/or his team at InTicketing.com in terms of editing if shows are sold out or not, that much is plainly obvious if you keep track of it daily, which I have done out of curiosity (as in, how quickly are these selling? sold out suddenly? now not sold out? hold on!). And for me and some others out there, it is also a bit about ticket prices, and Phil seems to be getting that point. I cannot afford the $150 tickets but if I could I would, I am on a very tight budget right now (has not always been the case, hopefully will not continue to be!). In the end I am certain his ticket prices will drop because these shows likely will not sell out at the $150 and $300 range as I have noted so far at InTicketing.com, there will not be enough demand to keep them at that rate. This is a first try on the first run. Phil wants a full house. So the prices will drop. Phil's first step to address that was to offer the reserved tickets for $75 shortly before the show, and I think that was a good idea on his part. And like another phan said on another forum, "read between the lines: any tickets that didn't sell at $150 or $300 will go on sale for $75", and I agree with that sentiment. I think that is a good thing and Phil will certainly still be very profitable, otherwise he would not have opted to offer them at $75 at all, regardless of the wording or reason he used. He is still feeling this all out to see what will work best in a variety of categories. I am just a phan offering constructive criticism and advice as I see it from my perspective. Take it or leave it Phil and phans, no harm intended. No, I have never been banned from a forum, you must be thinking of someone or something else. I try to keep it civil and respectful, anything else is simply counterproductive. I appreciate your response.

MushroomMan wrote:
^^good point - with all the problems they've had so far I think it's a little far fetched to be assuming all this "Phil is taking tickets off the market then putting them back on cause they arn't really sold out" stuff

Plus you (deadahead) also have this theory of our Furthur board editing certain posts and that it's not just a technical problem...... well I have been wondering for several days now why your posts arn't edited if that is the case. Clearly your posts would be the ones that they want to edit if your theory is correct.

not trying to stir up any trouble - just throwing my 2 cents out there.

MushroomMan, no trouble at all, thank you for your response. Please see my response to Wlewis above regarding tickets being "sold out" then available again. From where I am sitting it is all fairly obvious as I stated above. I call it out because it bothers me, I prefer a more genuine approach to business and expect that out of any of my musician heroes and their employees. If I was blissfully unaware as most are, it would not bother me, but that is not the case. And now Phil knows that I “know” and others “know” as well, because he does read people's comments: mission accomplished. Now let us see if this continues happening going forward. I hope not and somewhat doubt that it will.

In regards to the censorship, I do believe initially it was happening here, only a couple of times, in the manner of content filtering as I have described previously. The polls I linked to were visible for a couple of hours, then filtered thereafter – so they worked initially. Had they never worked I would have considered it a fluke, but in this case I consider it fully intentional the couple of times it did occur. Content filtering and URL filtering is a feature of this forum extension and its addons, after all. I also believe that they stopped filtering new critical content on these forums because it was so highly visible to all of us involved in those threads, they simply let it fly. as I believe they should (everyone deserves a voice in a free society). I can really respect that. There are still a lot of post removals going on over at the TC FB. They will let a thread die down then clean it up once people start to move on to the latest FB announcement, that way it is less visible. I notice this because I pay attention to it throughout the day as time allows, you will notice if you watch it, too (and you may have already experienced it, others here have). Hundreds of acceptably critical FB posts have been removed. TC is a topic of extreme interest to me (and to so many other phans as well), so it gets my full attention. I also fully believe they can delete any post they want, here or on their FB, that it is their right (and it is also my right to avoid mediums of censorship, which I do, so no FB for me aside from browsing), but again, if I were in their shoes, short of profane posts, I would personally leave it all and learn what I could from the phans' valuable opinions. But because FB is a business outlet and their public image is involved, they clean it up to look like public opinion is nothing but bliss and without much criticism at all (especially regarding the subject of ticket prices). The upside is that the TC people did read those posts and know what their phans have been feeling, so again, mission accomplished in the end I guess?
In the case of FB post deletions you can call it marketing if you want.

Thank you for the opportunity for the pleasant exchange of information and ideas, ladies and gents. Sorry for the long post. Have a good one.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#130944 2 years, 4 months ago
tell me the cost, i can pay let me go tell me love is not lost.

just watching the clips from last night i can't fucking wait to be there...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, amusingdeva, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds