• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

More Terrapin Crossroads GA tickets available

#128464 2 years, 7 months ago
Somehow more Terrapin Crossroads GA tickets are available for dates that were completely sold out a couple of days ago. If you wanted to scoop up any of the tickets priced at $150 now is your chance, phans.

www.terrapinlanding.com/news.html
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: More Terrapin Crossroads GA tickets available

#128473 2 years, 7 months ago
deadahead wrote:
Somehow more Terrapin Crossroads GA tickets are available for dates that were completely sold out a couple of days ago. If you wanted to scoop up any of the tickets priced at $150 now is your chance, phans.

www.terrapinlanding.com/news.html

They never showed them as "sold out" only that "advance sales over".
Takin' it in stride!
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#128484 2 years, 7 months ago
Strider1 wrote:

I interpret "Advance Sales Over" as "All Tickets Allocated For This Date via InTicketing.com Sold Out". From what I have gathered from the TC people, the rest of the tickets were reserved for member's family and friends, the unused portion of which were to become available at half-price shortly before shows. Based on that, I am not sure where the extra $150 GA tickets came from, but it is good that they are available for those looking for them.

Based on the TC statement that they will "start releasing any unused 'reserved' tickets for half of the General Admission ticket price", some people will get a chance to grab some of the $75 tickets as the shows get closer to happening.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#129973 2 years, 6 months ago
Strider1 wrote:

Yes, they are listed as "Sold Out" - as is now stated by Terrapin Crossroads: www.inticketing.com/events/195324

Curiously the TC dates that were sold out earlier ("March 20th, 22nd and 25th") then somehow made available again on March 3 have still not sold out. Where did that sudden demand for tickets go off to? Huhm? ( * More on that line of thought again at www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...&start=40#127434 ). Interesting when you think about it.

I am a huge phan but as I have said before this* all does make me raise my eyebrows just a little bit.

Just know that it will not be long before you see a ton of $75 TC tickets for sale, which is almost right, but still above market even in the Marin County and SF Bay Area.

If you are one of the lucky ones who live close enough to San Rafael to get in for their casual opening, then you will have the opportunity to go to Terrapin Crossroads without having to pay for tickets nightly at 6pm starting tomorrow, Thursday March 8 through Sunday March 11. And most of the RRE members will be there on Sunday
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#130400 2 years, 6 months ago
Having said what I have said before, I am not surprised that more GA tickets are now suddenly available again for dates that had previously sold out: March 23 and 30 are now added to March 20, 22 and 25. Now you have the chance to pay $150 for five shows that never really did sell out to begin with or you can wait until the last minute and score some $75 tickets ( www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...&start=40#127434 ).

Reminder: Tonight is the first night of the TC casual opening, if you can make it then I am sure a lot of us would enjoy reading about your impressions.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#130473 2 years, 6 months ago
give it a rest dude.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, Strider1
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#130518 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
give it a rest dude.

Sorry pal, not going to happen. That burden is on you alone: simply do not read my threads or posts if you are unable to handle the content. And if you are offended by it, then you have my apologies, but that will not stop me from saying what I feel I need to say. Obviously you bought tickets and do not want to hear it. I might feel the same way were I to be in your shoes.

Many people are talking about this all over the net, it is not merely one person who has noticed what is happening. Those who didn't buy tickets are more inclined to notice the marketing tactics apparently being employed at TC.

Shows do not sit there without selling out for over a week, then suddenly sell out in 4.5 hours. Nor do these same shows, once sold out, become available again, yet 5 sold out shows have done just that. And where did the demand go for these 5 shows that were suddenly sold out but are now available again? First three sold out shows became available again, then two more became available. How many more shows will become available in the coming days that were sold out before? There will be more, no doubt. For those curious that are just joining us, see www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...&start=40#127434

Meanwhile, many are awaiting the opening of the floodgates of $75 tickets for all of these "sold out" shows as well as for the shows that are not selling out.

Have a good one, William.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#130526 2 years, 6 months ago
Not that I care about the ticket thing anymore but on March 11th Tim Carbone, John Skehan and Andy Goessling of Railroad Earth will join Phil Lesh in the Terrapin Crossroads lounge. That would be way fun!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, Strider1
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#130565 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
on March 11th Tim Carbone, John Skehan and Andy Goessling of Railroad Earth will join Phil Lesh in the Terrapin Crossroads lounge. That would be way fun!

I wish I lived in the area I would go to all four nights. BTW, I mentioned that yesterday in fact in this same thread :

deadahead wrote:
If you are one of the lucky ones who live close enough to San Rafael to get in for their casual opening, then you will have the opportunity to go to Terrapin Crossroads without having to pay for tickets nightly at 6pm starting tomorrow, Thursday March 8 through Sunday March 11. And most of the RRE members will be there on Sunday
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#130648 2 years, 6 months ago
you're right, i'm set and i'm not worried about the current situation. i think folks (you may be included i don't know you decide) are overthinking the entire thing, and not just enjoying the fact it's here. who knows what kind of stuff is going on over there at ticketing. it was such a fiasco they probably still don't have it all right. i don't think continual speculation on possible wrongdoing (or hinting at it) is necessary. didn't you already get one name banned from here for doing this? or am i thinking of something else? i don't know now, i just don't know.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Tmglf2
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds