• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
LeshPhan
Fresh Boarder

Re: FUTHUR WILL DEFINATELY PLAY THIS FALL - shows anno

#142627 2 years, 6 months ago
Confirmed. Furthur @ Edgefield. September 27th, 28th, 29th... Not 28th, 29th, 30th

Tis all I can say.

Incredible place to say the least. Not to be missed.

Good luck with hotel rooms folks

Hope to see you there
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#142661 2 years, 6 months ago
Where did you see this information? Edgefield is fun (especially if you can stay overnight) but I prefer the Cuthbert. There will be a lot more drink flowing at Edgefield which usually equates to a lot more drunk people -whoda thunk it?

I got a room at the Best Western down the road a ways back (just in case) but there is a lot of great camping in the Columbia Gorge - might just do that instead.

I'd be happy if this rumor turns out to be true.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#142663 2 years, 6 months ago
Well, it looks like an easy place to fly in to and spend a few days, but doesn't look as pretty as some other spots. However, these dates would still fit in with a 9/21-23 Red Rocks run. Guess it's time to start wondering again, now that summer is all set!

Add: Looks like Fall Tour last year wasn't announced until June 4th, so we've got quite awhile to speculate. Crum.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#142676 2 years, 6 months ago
I think the fall tour may be announced sooner,maybe just after the Beacons shows.
Looks like a midweek Seattle date is in the mix too.
http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=218857&SearchBy=furthur

Edgefield is a fun party spot. I go a few times a year, sometimes for concerts and sometimes just to hang - just got tickets to see Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples there in early September so it makes sense that end of September dates would be announced there soonish.

The McMenamin Brothers who started the place are deadheads. There are multiple pubs on the grounds, a distillery, winery, organic gardens, lots of room to stroll around or sit by a fire at night. Very 420 friendly and a great place for other altered experiences. There is even a small bar called Jerry's Ice House where they show Grateful Dead footage. Plus the Jerry Tree statue graces the concert grounds. If you stay the night, you can soak in their wonderful huge soaking pool and there is a movie theater too.

And Sue, it is really close to PDX - that is a good place for cheap hotels too since Edgefield is booked. And you have to check out Multnomah Falls on the scenic highway close to Edgefield -- It is a tourist spot but for a very good reason.

Gee, I guess I am getting excited!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amusingdeva. Reason: added PDX comment for Sue
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#142699 2 years, 6 months ago
Well I will see them anywhere in OR so to speak, but would be surprised if they did not play at Cuthbert.

Though edgefield sounds great!

J
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Jasper.
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#142751 2 years, 6 months ago
Last year, the day of the Saturday show at Shoreline 6/3 I believe, the fall shows were announced. I remember it because I noticed it before heading out to the show and was excited to share the news with others. So if that type of schedule holds true this year, we have about 2 months to wait for dates!
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#142753 2 years, 6 months ago
gonna do my best to get to san fran this year for new years !!!! my freinds went last year gotta go is all they said good enuf for me!!!!! i
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#142774 2 years, 6 months ago
That rumor about edgefield was all over the place last night at the dso show. Alot if people confirmed that. I was to see that Jerry statue
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
LeshPhan
Fresh Boarder

#145193 2 years, 6 months ago
The only kicker about Edgefield is they have a tightly enforced 10:00pm noise curfew for bands. The town, not McMenamins... Seen a few shows there, and like clockwork (literally), 10pm is the cutoff. Such a great venue though.

I guess the boys will just have to start at noon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#145220 2 years, 6 months ago
ive heard an unconfirmed rumor of shoreline 9/30
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds