• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

paperless tickets

#127713 2 years, 5 months ago
saw this today while looking at iron madian tickets seems like they are moving towards eliminating scalpers www.ticketmaster.com/paperless?ac_link=I...d10_artist_mod_other
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: paperless tickets

#127719 2 years, 5 months ago
I do like to save my ticket stubs but I could certainly go without them in an effort to eliminate scalpers!

I hope Bob and Phil consider using this in the future - and a lot of other bands for that matter

I'll still save a receipt or something in the place of the ticket stubs...
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#127726 2 years, 5 months ago
i hear ya bout the stubs kevin but id gladly forgo them to get rid of the scalper scum of the earth.maybe they should make a printable "keepsake ticket" for people like yourself who like to save the stubs
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warlock, MushroomMan, scar1et_f1re, 23atwell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#127749 2 years, 5 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i hear ya bout the stubs kevin but id gladly forgo them to get rid of the scalper scum of the earth.maybe they should make a printable "keepsake ticket" for people like yourself who like to save the stubs

At GOTV's you get a bracelet in exchange for your ticket. But if you go to a special table they will give you a commemorative ticket. Cause GOTV's is brought to you by deadheads for deadheads So lighten up all you vibes haters
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#127774 2 years, 5 months ago
The only problem with this system is you can't buy a ticket for someone with your credit card unless you both go to the show, or you give them your card.

We buy tickets as birthday presents and sometimes for folks that are difficult to meet up with prior to show time.

One other thing.....Iron Maiden ?!? JK
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#127808 2 years, 5 months ago
^^^^ Maiden rules I was thinking of seeing them at rockfest this summer.
The voices tell me what to say
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#127824 2 years, 5 months ago
At Broomfield people had bought paperless tickets on there cards. When you enter they swipe your card and print a ticket (keepsake) so you have access to your specific seat or area. I thought this was just a great solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, amusingdeva
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#127827 2 years, 5 months ago
It sucks too if you can't make it for whatever reason, crap are you just stuck with the tickets?? Ok sure you can go to the venue and let someone else in but what if you can't make it to the venue?? But yeah I appreciate that they are trying to combat scalping so I won't complain about this.

IRON MAIDEN RULES!!!!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#127832 2 years, 5 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
At Broomfield people had bought paperless tickets on there cards. When you enter they swipe your card and print a ticket (keepsake) so you have access to your specific seat or area. I thought this was just a great solution.

yeah according to the link above they print you a seat locator "slip"
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127835 2 years, 5 months ago
This option is available already at some venues through something called Flashseats.
After you pay for entry (since there is not ticket), you would get into the venue by using the credit card that paid for the tickets but you can also transfer them to someone else. I assume that person would then need to somehow attach them to their credit card or something like that.

I think you can even sell them on the flashseats site for whatever you want to sell them for (for a selling fee).

I like ticket stubs. I don't like those e-tix. I want my stubs to be purdy like the ones you used to get!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by amusingdeva. Reason: typo
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds