• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: "old" furthur

#127521 2 years, 7 months ago
Miami was my first show and my only Terrapin so far. Really hoping for one at Wang or Oakdale.

rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#127525 2 years, 7 months ago
I was lucky to have caught 2 shows in Chicago with Jay and Zoe when they were in the band. They were really good but JK has really gotten a lot better and since Jays departure, Joe has become an absolute MANIAC on the drums. I really liked them back then and just love them now. Thanks for the thread Burt. Island Head, We ARE Getting Terrapin at one of those 3 shows and the way they play it now for me is exponentially better than my first one in Chicago in 2010. Nice video!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#127535 2 years, 7 months ago
gdradio playing some 2010 Furthur right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#127538 2 years, 7 months ago
2/12/2010 Hampton
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#127551 2 years, 7 months ago
Saw them 3 times with Jay and loved every show. As a whole though, the band has come so far since those days...there's really no comparison. I think they really started to gel at the Orpheum shows with the intro of Abby's Road. By the time they hit MSG, Syracuse and Albany they were peeking. This spring run should be great...can't wait to see what surprises they have in store for us all!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#127552 2 years, 7 months ago
The "old" Furthur was awesome! I remember my first shows 2/23-24/2010 at RCMH I had never heard JK before so remember being very impressed and blown away. I still listen to them all the time.
The voices tell me what to say
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#127635 2 years, 7 months ago
12/8/2009 Hammerstein Ballroom. That place was packed like sardines! I think it was Bobby who said that Jay was like training wheels for Joe Russo. That seems pretty accurate to me. That was the only night I have heard a Drums from Furthur. I loved having Zoe sing backups (was she with them yet?) but she was real low in the mix, I think Jeff and Sunshine bring a beautiful richness to the vocals. I'd say that Futhur has come a lot furthur since the "old" days and I feel blessed that we all get to see them go even furthur.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds