• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

Re: JK stock ^

#127499 2 years, 4 months ago
If you are curious about the recent sales of TC tickets, take it with a grain of salt, but check out www.furthur.net/forum/general-discussion...&start=40#127309
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#127500 2 years, 4 months ago
23atwell: I meant once in a lifetime thing for me... Im not sure when Ill be able to make it back out there because after that I am moving to Colorado (from Chicago) to intern at the largest organic farm in the state.... Hopefully furthur will do a red rocks run again this year.

On another note, Jk does it for me sometimes, but not all the time, I really really like Jeff Mattson (new dso lead) a little better... Ive seen Jeff play with darkstar about 5 times and 1 times as Terrapin Nation (secret DSO show) and he really really melted my face!!! He is getting better and better. But of course Id rather see furthur than dso any day

I Still like JK, but he doesnt allways play what I want to hear, but he is definitly an amazing musician and I love what he brings to this band.

There are many other times he blows my mind and really goes FURTHUR!!!!

I wish I could make it to some of the JK Phil shows but My schedule wouldnt allow it, I am going to the last 5 nights
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#127532 2 years, 4 months ago
JK is THE MAN! So Cosmic like Jerry was and now he knows he belongs. If it would work for me, I would havebeen at EVERY JK TC show but just not gonna happen until later in the year..... Jeff Mattson is really good in DSO but as I telling my good friend, everyone is where they are supposed to be now. Mattson is PERFECT in DSO and JK fits Furthur like an old shoe. Mattson is a complete Jerry Clone wher I think JK plays a lot from his Heart & Soul in Furthur and its works on a cosmic level unlike anyone since Mr. Garcia. Just my humble opinion.... Either way we ALL win with so many choices.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, mcolleen
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#127557 2 years, 4 months ago
He's a wonderful, humble musician who's now being encouraged to do his thing rather than just play the "role"...very nice to witness this evolution!
stricken
Gold Boarder

#127570 2 years, 4 months ago
Would love to see J.K. and warren on stage together. Maybe i will when we all get to wannee. Keeping my fingers crossed.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#127580 2 years, 4 months ago
we all do win i agree rockinbob!!! He is very cosmic and does play from his soul and ya i dont think he is trying to play his role as jerry that is obvious he is being his self and i tell you he has put me into some far off regions of the universe that I never knew existed
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
Tony Puff Puff
Fresh Boarder

#127650 2 years, 4 months ago
I think John K's stock would be way higher for me if he was an original creative voice instead of largely derivative. I really wish that Phil and Bobby could get something together that features somebody who has paid their dues WITHOUT being a copy of a totally original voice (JERRY!!!) John's a nice humble guy for sure and people obviously love Furthur, but for me it has been a largely underwhelming journey (first saw them when everybody did at the fox in oakland 2009 last saw them at nye 2011)
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Tony Puff Puff.
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds