• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

Re: Going where those Chilly Winds.......

#127638 2 years, 7 months ago
No wind here but a slow snow all day
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#127659 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
80 + mph winds Tuesday night, into Wednesday morning. Yea, I'm going where those chilly winds don't blow.

No doubt brother! I have to meet the insurance guy today to talk about my destroyed roof. My shingles are all over the neighborhood. The wind drives me crazy!!

I had rocks, + branches knocking against my bowing bedroom window. And all of the car alarms within' a 100 yard radius went off. I think I counted four. One of the worst inventions ever. I remember in '71 when we had the 141 mph winds. There were boats, rooftops, trash cans, etc, littering the city. Good luck with the insurance adjustor. Going to Cornmeal on the 12th?

I am trying to go to Cornmeal for sure. Need a sitter and my daughter has been sick so we'll see if it happens or not. Are you going?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#127664 2 years, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
80 + mph winds Tuesday night, into Wednesday morning. Yea, I'm going where those chilly winds don't blow.

No doubt brother! I have to meet the insurance guy today to talk about my destroyed roof. My shingles are all over the neighborhood. The wind drives me crazy!!

I had rocks, + branches knocking against my bowing bedroom window. And all of the car alarms within' a 100 yard radius went off. I think I counted four. One of the worst inventions ever. I remember in '71 when we had the 141 mph winds. There were boats, rooftops, trash cans, etc, littering the city. Good luck with the insurance adjustor. Going to Cornmeal on the 12th?

I am trying to go to Cornmeal for sure. Need a sitter and my daughter has been sick so we'll see if it happens or not. Are you going?

I'm hoping to. I have the Funky Meters tonight. Leftover Salmon on the 7th, then Los Lobos on the 9th. I have to start printing up money for a living at this rate.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#127670 2 years, 7 months ago
Dang I see Steve Kimock is also playing this weekend .... where's that money press??
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#127673 2 years, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
The GD in my opinion are famous for their first couple of chords to start a song. CR&S is one of those songs where I love how it starts. Shakedown St, China cat, Scarlet, TLEO are some others from the top of my head.. really I think most of their songs are like that!

A few that come to my mind - although I could make the case for quite a few more:

Morning Dew
Lovelight
Help is on the Way
Franklins Tower
Crazy Fingers
King Solomans Marbles
Althea
Casey Jones
Cosmic Charles
Cryptical...
aw screw it...they all seem to do it!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, splatter_face, 23atwell
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#127965 2 years, 7 months ago
Nah Burt Brandi is not my wife (you got a grate memory man, even w/ all those volcano bags), the love of my life yes, but not the wife. I actually had a kid an got married when I was but a wee lad at the age of 18. Really long and weird story, she came from a completely different background than me and it didn't last too long. My sons name is Jayson and he's turning 8 March 19th, love the lil fella so very much but being that I have him 3-4 days a week I have to converse w/ the ex quite a bit unfortunatley and prolly will be doing so all my life...
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#128052 2 years, 7 months ago
70 degrees in KC yesterday, cold rain and snow today!

Only in Kansas

Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#128057 2 years, 7 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:

Hey guys - Sorry to hear about the damage in your neck of the woods, but glad you both are safe and sound.

Denverman - good luck with the adjuster, they can be difficult but if you work them right they can be your best advocate. Kill them with kindness!

StangerinBoulder - Car alarms do pretty much suck. Everybody ignores them now so what good do they do other than to let you know it's windy outside? I mean, you already have the branches and rocks knocking at your window, what do you need a car alarm for?
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, strangerinboulder
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds