• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

Re: TERRAPIN CROSSROADS WHOSE GOING?

#127349 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
DEADAHEAD---I NEED TO KNOW!!! HOW DO YOU INSERT MULTIPLE FOLKS' QUOTES INTO ONE POST!

Some forums support that automatically, this one requires the manual approach. I hit Quote and grab what I need and copy it to the clipboard, then hit back in the browser and Quote the next one, paste my clipboard, and if I need to do it more than that, repeat process until done. I also trim people's quotes down as short as possible to get the major point as the quote's focus, removing the excess stuff. Makes for an easier read, less reading, more pointed. Now ya know Enjoy.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#127355 2 years, 5 months ago
i knew that LOL i thought there may have been a quicker route. right on, thanks. i like to do the same sometimes, cut the quotes that is.

so yeah i guess now we know that this board isn't blocking it?? they certainly wouldn't block archived GD shows

facebook was, and i know because they kept deleting my comments and i was asking a serious question.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#127357 2 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
that previous post of mine is a link from archive, of a GD show so I think it's a problem with the site rather then anyone blocking our posts. a couple weeks ago the moderator even said they were having some problems after upgrading the server....

Yes, I see that link you had for archive.org is the soundboard for Grateful Dead Live at Winterland Arena on 1974-02-24. The archive.org URL contains no odd characters that would make the forums fail to render the post that contain that URL, so it had to have been entered into the banned URL list for some reason. Perhaps there was some trash talking about that show or the band members in relation to that show. Who knows... I disagree that posts with these URLs are failing to display due to a code problem, it is by all appearances entirely intentional. The fact is that Phil and his people have been censoring here on Furthur and on their TC facebook page. For example, taper.tsquare posted on TC's FB politely that he needed info on his tickets and they removed his post because it quite simply, made them look unprofessional in the first place and they obviously didn't like that.

Strider1 wrote:
I must be confused. Deadahead - I thought you managed/owned/moderated the TL site and forum. I never thought the TLanding site or forum was controlled by Phil. I thought it was a fan created site.

I am a fan of the Dead and their members and I am a member at TL.com, which is by all descriptions a site for the discussion of Phil's TC venue. And you are correct, Phil has nothing to do with it. It might be a fan site on one hand, but on the other hand, discussion of TC can be critical which is not something you see on a purely fan site.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#127365 2 years, 5 months ago
For whatever reason, the links I posted for Rio Carnaval also made the entire post disappear. I think the problem is systemic, and not directed toward any particular links.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127370 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:

so yeah i guess now we know that this board isn't blocking it?? they certainly wouldn't block archived GD shows

facebook was, and i know because they kept deleting my comments and i was asking a serious question.

Facebook was not letting Wavy Gravy be Wavy Gravy as his user name - they said it was made up and not his real name! I think he got it straightened out...
Everyone wants to be in control!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#127378 2 years, 5 months ago
you actually can't post any links from archive amongst other links that have no reason to be banned ...... just an observation, not trying to start trouble

and they have no reason to not let you post pictures off your hard drive so there does appear to be some problem with the site....
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
deadahead
Junior Boarder

#127407 2 years, 5 months ago
Yes there may be some other unrelated problems due to recent upgrades they have made, but that is not related to the URL/content filtering that is going on here. I have made about all the points I'd like to make to affirm that there is some censorship going down here at the Furthur forums, thinking otherwise is just harmless wishful thinking by loving phans and nothing more. These filtered URLs are not a coincidence and it is a feature of this Kunena forum extension for Joomla to be able to block/filter content as needed. There is also a post that documents the FB censorship over at TL.com's Terrapin Crossroads Discussions forum. Thank you...
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#127424 2 years, 5 months ago
word thanks for the help deadahead im trying to learn this stuff being a new boarder and all... And ya i know about the censoring the terrapin crossroads facebook.... I was having one hell of a time trying to figure out the ticket fiasco, but was not being an asshole... a lot of people were really really rude and those are the type of people who Phil and fam dont want there.... But im definitly not saying that the censorship is cool
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
cletus1
Junior Boarder

#127426 2 years, 5 months ago
be there march 30th show and then the two bobby oakland shows
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds