• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

Re: TERRAPIN CROSSROADS WHOSE GOING?

#127296 2 years, 4 months ago
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#127321 2 years, 4 months ago
deadahead wrote:

They blocked certain topics on the TL.com forums, seemingly Phil and team got butthurt over polls for ticket prices, stuff like that so they blocked specific URLs that had content of which they did not approve.

As a live example of what's going on, my next message will have a blocked URL in it. QUOTE it to see what I mean...

For shame. Brand development and deployment, footprints, synergy, visibility, liquidity, demand elasticity, integration, and market segmentation are now the words that make this thing go. Phil covets these ideas so much, he is willing to mask content on an open forum to not damage the economics.

I will always be a Furthur fan - I just hate to see what people will sacrifice for the almighty dollar.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by teafortexas.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#127336 2 years, 4 months ago
DEADAHEAD---I NEED TO KNOW!!! HOW DO YOU INSERT MULTIPLE FOLKS' QUOTES INTO ONE POST!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127337 2 years, 4 months ago
He must just cut and paste (or quote and then delete parts) and then put in the HTML tags himself.

Good job!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#127339 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
DEADAHEAD---I NEED TO KNOW!!! HOW DO YOU INSERT MULTIPLE FOLKS' QUOTES INTO ONE POST!

[quote=[/quote]
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#127341 2 years, 4 months ago
I must be confused.

Deadahead - I thought you managed/owned/moderated the TL site and forum. I never thought the TLanding site or forum was controlled by Phil. I thought it was a fan created site. If I am right, then I think it's against the law to block or limit access to a website owned by someone else. And I highly doubt Phil would have an IT mafia messing with other sites.

It even says this on the TL site:

We are not in any way, shape or form affiliated with the Terrapin Crossroads (previously known as Terrapin Landing) venue, its staff or with Phil Lesh.

Now, I can understand if the mods on this forum block links to other forums that are posted here, because it could be viewed as a spam and/or an attempt to steal/convert members to the other site. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand why they might.
Takin' it in stride!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#127343 2 years, 4 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
so what's the deal with the barcodes? i thought the email confirmation from Leo was the last piece of the puzzle regarding tickets for TC, but i'm now hearing that barcodes will be emailed to people with confirmed tickets. has anyone received the email with the barcodes? thanks.

FWIW - When I bought thru the private re-sale I received print at home e-tickets that contain a barcode.
If you don't have an order thru the first sale before it crashed, then you will probably get a e-ticket emailed to you. I think they are only forcing will call on the purchases made thru their in-house ticketing, but not on the tickets sold by in-ticketing. Hope this helps.
Takin' it in stride!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#127344 2 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#127346 2 years, 4 months ago
that previous post of mine is a link from archive, of a GD show so I think it's a problem with the site rather then anyone blocking our posts.

a couple weeks ago the moderator even said they were having some problems after upgrading the server....
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by MushroomMan.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#127347 2 years, 4 months ago
oh and you can't upload any pictures from your hard drive now either so yea, I'm pretty sure that's all just a problem on the site now
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds