• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

Re: TERRAPIN CROSSROADS WHOSE GOING?

#127067 2 years, 6 months ago
cool Wlewis

Terrapin thanks yeah i understood you but typed it wrong.. No matter how hard I try to edit and or resubmit it it wont work.
what tha hell

When the going gets weird the weird get weirder
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127093 2 years, 6 months ago
direwolflove222 wrote:
new here does anyone know why my message wont? appear?

I had issues with this earlier today when trying to post a URL - it blanked out my whole message.
Maybe the techies initially running TC's ticket sales have now taken over running this board.

direwolflove222 - Deciding which shows was difficult. Only able to go for a weekend and I wanted to see John K but have other musical adventures already planned for that weekend (Umphrey's McGee, Galactic & Orgone). Love Jimmy Herring so it is not too much of a sacrifice but not sure what I am going to think about Chris Robinson on lead. I recently saw Chris Robinson Brotherhood and they were great so we shall see...
If you want to see whose going to TC, check the spring role call for flag travels thread and have a great time at Phil's new place!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amusingdeva.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#127232 2 years, 6 months ago
direwolflove222 wrote:
new here does anyone know why my message wont? appear?

Yes, I do, it is called censorship and it's going on here at Furthur forums and on the TC Facebook page. Limiting free speech isn't exactly what I expected out of Phil and his people, but it is happening as you can see.

In the forums here they have the ability to block specific URLs or text through the admin panel. This feature is intended to control spam but it is instead being used to suppress free speech. Phil and team seemingly didn't like the polls about ticket prices and other stuff at terrapinlanding.com so they blocked a few URLs from that site. You can see the content of your message if you QUOTE the reply or if you Edit your post, but it will not render the text in a normal message display mode. There ya have it... Going forward, if you see a blank message, just QUOTE it and you'll see what was suppressed.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#127236 2 years, 6 months ago
so what's the deal with the barcodes? i thought the email confirmation from Leo was the last piece of the puzzle regarding tickets for TC, but i'm now hearing that barcodes will be emailed to people with confirmed tickets. has anyone received the email with the barcodes? thanks.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#127250 2 years, 6 months ago
im going but after the hullabaloo dies down so i can get a feel for the Crossroads themselves instead of tiny show at Crossroads. And i'm moving there this summer so pennies count now for that long term satisfaction!!
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#127255 2 years, 6 months ago
well, looks like they're censoring terrapinlanding.com stuff.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#127265 2 years, 6 months ago
deadahead: ya man thats what I was thinking cause my post worked when I took out the terrapin landing url.
Im not sure if Phil is really trying to sensor or control us maybe just trying to block spam...
I am all about waking people up to the 1984ness of our times, but I think Phil is on our side

tapertsquare: I still havnt received an email with a barcode or an official confirmation from leo... Although Leo did say that I was confirmed with the last 5 nights. Never been more confused or stressed in my life.. I know Phil is trying to keep this thing small and special and mistakes do happin especially when a bunch of old school hippies are trying to run a new low key ticketing system to keep the scalpers away haha.... I am glad the fiasco is over because due to the lack of clarity on txroads part/ leo I got so confused as to which tickets I got and which I didnt I called paypal and the paypal representative was insisting me that I file a dispute with them being as it would be the only way I could actually find out if I got tickets or not.. SO this was a 2 day stressful mess on the phone with paypal... Finally when TXroads website said that they were going to be emailing everybody what was up, I lifted my dispute which I only filed because I panicked in the first place. BLah Blah BLah its gonna make it that much more worth it
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127268 2 years, 6 months ago
direwolflove222 wrote:
deadahead: ya man thats what I was thinking cause my post worked when I took out the terrapin landing url.

Have you tried inserting other URLs before assuming it was just TL's that caused the issue?

Edit:
Testing not TC.... www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-meters/concer...e-april-25-1970.html
testing TL: http://www.terrapinlanding.com/forums/
Okay... testing confirmed. back to your regular programming....

Edit again: Oops - I see this may be an issue only on new posts, not on edited posts so this proves nothing.
Edit one more time: But my more recent post let me put a link to TL w/o an issue. I was just curious.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by amusingdeva.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#127273 2 years, 6 months ago
Anybody going to the soft opening on March 8th?

http://www.terrapinlanding.com/forums/
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#127295 2 years, 6 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Have you tried inserting other URLs before assuming it was just TL's that caused the issue?

Edit:
Testing not TC.... www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-meters/concer...e-april-25-1970.html
testing TL: http://www.terrapinlanding.com/forums/
Okay... testing confirmed. back to your regular programming....

Edit again: Oops - I see this may be an issue only on new posts, not on edited posts so this proves nothing.
Edit one more time: But my more recent post let me put a link to TL w/o an issue. I was just curious.

They blocked certain topics on the TL.com forums, seemingly Phil and team got butthurt over polls for ticket prices, stuff like that so they blocked specific URLs that had content of which they did not approve.

wlewis wrote:
well, looks like they're censoring terrapinlanding.com stuff.

Yes, only some (see above).

direwolflove222 wrote:
Im not sure if Phil is really trying to sensor or control us maybe just trying to block spam...
I am all about waking people up to the 1984ness of our times, but I think Phil is on our side

Just for the record and for accuracy's sake, I do want to say that Phil and team are obviously trying to censor here and there, it's been documented that it has occured on the TC facebook and on these forums. Nothing that I have seen censored was offensive or inappropriate, it would seem that the censored content simply struck a nerve. A few weeks ago the TL.com polls were posted and were live and displayed here until a moderator came in and blocked the URLs. Afterwards the entire message that contained said URLs were blanked out on viewing, as you all have seen. As I said earlier, the way around that is simply to login and QUOTE a reply and you'll see the content.

As a live example of what's going on, my next message will have a blocked URL in it. QUOTE it to see what I mean...
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds