• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

$150 too much for TC says BJ

#126980 2 years, 7 months ago
Didn't know where Blair Jackson was going with his latest blog. But bottom line is, the Terrapin Crossroad tickets are too much for his bottom line.

dead.net/features/blair-jackson/blair-s-...g-music-elite?page=5

I don't know if I agree. Has he ever gone to a Broadway Show?

Did he see Jerry on Broadway? If memory serves -- and it might not -- I thought it was about $75 for those tix in 1987. The frickin' handbill goes for $83 on Wolfgang these days.

Special occasions in special venues can justify the price. Just save your ticket stubs and memorabilia folks.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: $150 too much for TC says BJ

#126986 2 years, 7 months ago
Given the size of the venue, $150 sounds about right to me.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#126987 2 years, 7 months ago
well, too much for him i guess, factoring in his personal negative experiences of paying a considerable amount for a ticket.

edit: he actually goes on to agree and understand why they are priced the way they are.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by wlewis.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#126994 2 years, 7 months ago
Not sure the Broadway analogy holds... most people don't see a Broadway show more than once. That makes this an entirely new approach for GD music. That is why some people are scratching their head.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#126995 2 years, 7 months ago
Remember, he's talking about Stones. Their prices became absolutely astronomical as time went on.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#126996 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^^^

But how do you compare Stones from a mile high with TC -- which you know will be epic, if for no other reason but the intimacy?

It would be tough for anybody to do a run of those shows, but one or two should be manageable for Blair.

Also, factor in that we are talking about Marin Co. California, where, like NY, everything is priced higher.

I like Blair and he certainly is entitled to his opinio, but I didn't expect that point of view from him. Quite the opposite, I thought he would defend the price.

Of course, he's gone to his share of GD shows, and I dare to guess he's gotten in free to plenty. However, I think he might have blown his free tickets to P & F.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#126997 2 years, 7 months ago
Totally agree.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Equinox.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#126999 2 years, 7 months ago
It writes about it with good taste. You gotta give it to him though for just being honest on dead.net and not just kissing ass
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder

#127001 2 years, 7 months ago
I had a problem copying the quote.

B-Rad said"

"Not sure the Broadway analogy holds... most people don't see a Broadway show more than once. That makes this an entirely new approach for GD music. That is why some people are scratching their head."

______

Actually a fair number of people do see Broadway shows more than once, especially musicals.
But that is not my point. I think the analogy does holds up because like a Broadway show for most, it would be a one time special concert in an intimate setting.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#127006 2 years, 7 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I had a problem with the quote.

B-Rad said"

"Not sure the Broadway analogy holds... most people don't see a Broadway show more than once. That makes this an entirely new approach for GD music. That is why some people are scratching their head."

______

Actually a fair number of people do see Broadway shows more than once, especially musicals.
But that is not my point. I think the analogy does holds up because like a Broadway show for most, it would be a one time special concert in an intimate setting.

It's exactly like a Broadway show. (The wife and I will be catching James Earl Jones in Gore Vidal's The Best Man at the end of March.) Unless you live in the area it won't practical to hit TC night after night. It's not just a show it's a destination. I certainly hope to make a trip out there sometime in the next few years.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds